Emerald Editor Discussion
May 24, 2017, 10:42:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who are our Developers?  (Read 4789 times)
Zhrakkan
Official Mascot!
Beta Testers
Gem Cutter

« on: May 23, 2006, 05:20:30 pm »

I am curious as to the people we have actually developing now....

News Manager and Unofficial Mascot
Join the Emerald Editor Project - Message Me!
Emerald Editor - "A Jewel of an Editor"
-----by the way, that name is pronounced "Za-Rack-In"
awmyhr
Senior Miner

Maintainer of Obscure and Unused Ports

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 10:01:11 pm »

At some point, I'd like to commit as a developer, but I am not able to at this time as I've got too many other things on my plate.  However, I am excited about the project, and will do my best to be involved.  

Currently, I am building on Mac OS X 10.4 (ppc), mainly to give daemon feedback on his build directions and familierize myself with the code.  Also, I build on Solaris 10 (sparc), to help keep our cross-platform focus.  

In the future, I plan to have an HP-UX, AIX, Solaris 10 (x86), [Free|Net|Open]BSD, and/or some other Wild-&-Krazy(TM) system set-up to test compiles on (I'm goin to take a wild guess that there are others more interested in the Windows, cygwin, and Linux (x86) ports then I, though I may set up a Linux (ppc) system at some point).

-->>  This Space 4 Rent  <<--
daemon
Developers
Gem Cutter

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 01:16:16 am »

*waves hand*

Not much developing has been going on, but mostly just setup. However, I'm going to start work on cleaning up the wxStEdit base over the next week or two. Also, I'm the mac guy who's managing the OS X builds.
dsvick
Beta Testers
Senior Miner

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 01:31:54 pm »

Eventually I want to be, I've not had time in the last week or so to do anything, but I did play with StEdit a couple of weeks ago and actually compiled it  Smiley Once we get the set up complete and can begin doing actual work I'll ask alpha or daemon for something easy I can begin with so I can refresh my C/C++ skills as I go.

Dave
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 02:15:04 pm »

Well, I'm not being much of a Developer right now, I'm just chiming in with my $0.02 as things go onwards (but I am learning C/C++ from the code that I look at, so hopefully I'll be more help later on!)

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: