Emerald Editor Discussion
June 26, 2017, 09:44:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: User Tools: $(FileDir), ...  (Read 4251 times)
autocart
Prospector

« on: February 09, 2010, 03:11:22 am »

Hi Everybody!

I searched the help files that come with the download, the online-help-files and the forum right here, but it seems that you guys have another information-source that I am not aware of. My question:

Which $-macros (or however you want to call it - I mean $(FileDir) and the like) are available for the "Argument"-field of the "User Tools"-configuration?
I have read in the context of the help files and the forum already:

$(FileDir), $(FileName), $(FileTitle), $(UserInput)

But are there any more? Plus I am not sure what the difference is between FileName and FileTitle. UserInput I can only guess, but it is not even mentioned in the context of the help-file. Please help ... a list of all available keywords w/ description of each meaning would be nice  Grin

Thanks, Stephan
sincere
Prospector

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 07:25:18 am »

Dear Stephan,
>Plus I am not sure what the difference is between FileName and FileTitle
FileName is full file name with extension. FileTitle is name without extension.

>UserInput I can only guess,
When u use UserInput , when tool is run, U  get a box to type in to or paste in to a string. As example suppose u want to use grep.exe to find and see all the instances of "string" in a file.extension.

your command will be grep.exe
and u will pass the arguments -i -n "$(UserInput)" $(FileName).
When u run this u will get a box in which u type/paste your string "word1 word2 word3..." which will pass as argument to your grep command.

Hope it helps,
Sincere
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: