Emerald Editor Discussion
September 23, 2017, 05:27:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Make "file changed" indicators easier to differentiate  (Read 16973 times)
pn8830
Global Moderator
Jeweller

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2009, 07:00:34 pm »

How big of a deal is it to make LED color configurable?

Entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity
Phil
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2009, 09:52:33 pm »

The LED image is embedded at compile time, but we could probably pull it off if we can get write access into the memory storing the image. We could just replace black (or whatever is compiled in) with the preferred color. I wouldn't like to see this in the preference dialog though because it seems too trivial to be worthy of the space. I would be fine with putting a preference in the INI file though. If you wanted to change the preferred color, you would just have to edit the INI file instead of use the preferences dialog.

Edit: We could put it in the preferences dialog if anyone comes up with a nice place to put it without it looking too cluttered. I just don't like having crowded preference dialogs with lots of trivial choices.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 09:54:25 pm by Phil » Logged
Pvt_Ryan
Master Jeweller

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2009, 04:17:38 pm »

I only used black as I coudn't think of a "better" colour.

I actually prefer to clutter the preferences then remove features that are less used to the INI. However as we don't gather any usage metrics that could be difficult.
One idea is to let the system upload users cfg data to a server and keep records (if the user opts in).
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: