Emerald Editor Discussion
June 26, 2017, 09:46:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I changed the way Find In Files handles the folder path  (Read 4416 times)
donb
Miner

« on: December 19, 2011, 02:46:10 am »

It has long bugged me that the folder path for Find In Files didn't follow along with the directory window.  I always wanted a change of directory in the tree to cause a 'find' to start there instead of wherever I searched last.

So after some struggling with learning just enough C++ to figure out how, I changed it.

The path is remembered each time a 'find' is done (as it has always done in the past), but now it gets set to the new path whenever the directory tree is clicked.

Now, the question is, should I submit it to the project?  I won't if it's not considered broken by the rest of you.  Or maybe I can learn a bit more C++ and figure out how to make it a preference option so we can have it both ways.

I based this change on the SVN 287 revision.

Oh, and I forgot -- I also changed the startup so that the previously opened files, if that preference is enabled, will open first THEN the command line file is opened and becomes the active document.  Previously, the command line document would be opened first , followed by the previously opened documents -- leaving the tab for the new document unselected.  This just seemed backwards to me.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 03:17:28 am by donb » Logged
pn8830
Global Moderator
Jeweller

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 01:52:20 pm »

Hi!

Could you post a patch in this topic (if you have questions on that shoot me a private message). I'll test it and if everything works fine I'll commit it into the main tree.

Thanks,
PN.

Entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity
donb
Miner

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 02:31:33 pm »

See attachment...

Changes:

1 . Switch order files get opened at startup, new (command line) file opens after previous files are opened
2.  Re-activated the 'dbl-click tab bar opens new document' (Why did it get commented out 286 -> 287??)
3.  Changed Find In Files folder name behavior

* 2011-12-20 SVN287.patch (5 KB - downloaded 238 times.)
pn8830
Global Moderator
Jeweller

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 08:37:26 pm »

Thanks for posting that. I'll try to test it as soon as I can.
Item 2 is something that I probably screwed up while working on the middle click close feature. So thanks for pointing out.

PN.

pn8830
Global Moderator
Jeweller

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 09:06:43 pm »

Alright, everything builds fine for me and works as you described. I have committed you patch, rev 288.

Thanks!
PN.

donb
Miner

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 03:41:38 pm »

Cool! 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: