Emerald Editor Discussion
July 25, 2017, 01:40:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Translatng Crimson Editor  (Read 32334 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
pn8830
Global Moderator
Jeweller
*****
Posts: 252



« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2009, 02:50:33 am »

Are you going to translate whole help files too?

Pavel.
Logged

Entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity
gialloporpora
Translators
Miner
***
Posts: 19



« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2009, 09:29:03 am »

Quote
Are you going to translate whole help files too?

Yes, but first I would to fix the translation of the software interface.
I think that more string in Help Topics are that appears in status bar and that I have already translated before, I think that I could recover some work already made, I hope :-)
I have seen that accesskey are not be default in "Preferences" panel, and in other parts, if I can, I add some accesskey to Preferences.

Logged
gialloporpora
Translators
Miner
***
Posts: 19



« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2009, 12:15:26 am »

I have updated the RC file with the change to shortcut stated above:
http://github.com/gialloporpora/Emerald-Editor-in-italian/raw/master/cedt_it.rc
Modification are tracked here:
http://github.com/gialloporpora/Emerald-Editor-in-italian/raw/master/sticky.txt

I have searched for a good regex to extract string, but I have not find an ultimate regex that extract all required string.
On MSDN there are a regex, but it matches also not localizable strings as in brute force method that I have used.

For now, I think, all strings that I have put in cedt_it.txt are localizzable, some strings I  have not localizzed (Tab1, Progress1, Button1), I wait to seed where they appears before.

I wait your suggestion for the cutted strings in options, and if I can add accesskey, also if they not exists in the english version.
If you want, wait that I fix problem with cutted string before to compile, no problem.

I have noted a strange thing on my italian build, I don't know if it wanted, if yes, ignore this.
In the english version (3.72 release, not SVN) when no document are opened, in the "Search" menu, appears only the menu item "Find in files", in the italian SVN build appears all menu items (only "Find in files" is active, of course).


Sandro
Logged
Phil
Administrator
Master Jeweller
*****
Posts: 427


« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2009, 03:09:45 am »

You're working fast. That's good, but it means I'm getting a backlog of work here. I'll try to get to this early next week. You can ignore the rest of this post if you want. It's just technical rambling about stuff I want to change.

I had an idea recently that might help with translation issues. I'll have to test it out, but it may be possible to push all strings that should be localized into the string tables at the end of the file. Then it may also be possible to split the string tables out into a separate file. That way, there would be one cedt.rc file which you wouldn't have to deal with, and all the translatable strings would be in a much smaller file which would be easy to edit directly. I'll look into this more later and post here if I make any progress.

I've read a bit this past week about localizing software. I think Italian is an easier language to translate to because it shares the English alphabet, but it would be much more difficult to translate to a language with a different alphabet right now because the UI does not use the Unicode encoding. So I want to work on moving the UI over to Unicode too. This would be separate from the Unicode support in the editor.

Also there are Windows APIs which we probably should take advantage of which allow for easier foreign character entry. I think this is called IME.
Logged
rbon
Miner
**
Posts: 31


« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2009, 05:01:38 pm »

@Phil
if You are looking for an official tool for translation, I suggest You "Poedit" http://www.poedit.net/.
This tool work on ascii files and support many translation of it's interface.
Regards

Logged
gialloporpora
Translators
Miner
***
Posts: 19



« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2009, 09:28:55 pm »

@Phil,
ok, I wait your suggestion, no problem :-)

@rbon,
PoEdit is translator-side tool, I think Phil search a "developer-side" tool, that for PO file is gettext.
PoEdit is a good tool to translate file (I have used it for translating a WP theme), but I don't know if Visual C++ support gettext, I know that gettext is a Unix native tool, and it is supported by many  OpenSource languages as Php, Python, but I  think that Visual C++ don't use gettext.



Logged
Phil
Administrator
Master Jeweller
*****
Posts: 427


« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2009, 05:27:15 am »

I updated cedt_us.rc with adjustments so hopefully the cut strings will be fixed. If you regenerate your cedt_it.rc file, I'll make you a new build. I'm building off the current cedt_it.rc right now, and I'll post it when it's ready. I haven't moved of the missing strings into the rc file yet, but I should get to that soon.

I've been a little busy this week as I am preparing to move. I got a job near Seattle, WA, which is around 2000 miles (about 3200 km) from home. I'm not moving until January, but the mover is coming Friday to look see how much stuff I'm moving; so I have to prepare.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.218 seconds with 18 queries.