Emerald Editor Discussion
September 22, 2017, 09:43:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Translatng Crimson Editor  (Read 33006 times)
Phil
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2009, 07:58:47 pm »

I think I found the problem. If you look at the file in CE, you see that a lot of words are in red (like LTEXT, CAPTION, etc.). You should only translate strings that come right after those red keywords. For example, in the line:

Code:
    CONTROL         "Match &whole word only",IDC_WHOLE_WORD,"Button",BS_AUTOCHECKBOX | WS_GROUP | WS_TABSTOP,7,57,90,10

"Match &whole word only" should be translated, but not "Button". Another case is:

Code:
    CONTROL         189,IDC_STATIC,"Static",SS_BITMAP | SS_REALSIZEIMAGE,8,10,25,25

"Static" should not be translated.
gialloporpora
Translators
Miner

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2009, 08:33:17 pm »

Ok, thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.
I have fixed your  suggestions, now I'll open it with cedt to see if there are other problem.
Phil
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2009, 09:14:03 pm »

No problem. The updated file worked. I'll post a new build on File Store soon.
gialloporpora
Translators
Miner

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2009, 11:14:17 pm »

Thank for the build, Phil :-D
Ok, I have had a quick look to menu and dialog box, there are some strings that are not translated (I think they are missing from the en--US original file), and there are some strings that are cutted because they are too long, for example:

http://i36.tinypic.com/2bv6zq.png

Or:

http://i36.tinypic.com/zjfgoz.pn

"Distingui fra maiuscole/minuscole" (match case)  and "In tutti i file aperti" (in all opened files)

"Sostituisci tutte" (Replace all), for certains string in the Preference window I could try to shorten them, but other strings is difficult to shorten, for example in italian doesn't exist a short translation for "match case", maybe "maiuscole/minuscole":

http://www.microsoft.com/language/it/it/search.mspx?sString=match+case&langID=it-it

but  the meaning of "match" is missed (also if it understandable from context). I have translated "match case" as in Notepad++.

I could try to split string in two lines (adding a \n, I think), but I don't know if this workl

For missing strings, I could list them if it is useful.

Phil
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2009, 02:02:32 am »

If you give me a list of missing strings, I'll work on moving them to the rc file.

Also, give me a list of places that need expanded. If the text area could be expanded to the right without changing the look of the English interface (as in the "Match Case" issue), I can widen the text block in the cedt_us.rc file. If expanding the text area would change the look of the English interface, I could possibly widen it in cedt_it.rc only, but I would need to keep a list of any non-textual differences between cedt_us.rc and cedt_it.rc.

I just updated cedt_us.rc to fix the "Match Case" size issue.

Phil
gialloporpora
Translators
Miner

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2009, 05:27:01 pm »

For cutted string, I am trying to fix issues with shorter strings, I think that with other languages (for example german) it is necessary to adjust dialog and button size, for italian, it is possible that I find some better translation.
For now, I have the biggest problem with "Search" or "Raplace" dialog, with buttons, for other string I hope to solve with another translation.

Ok, these are the strings that I have seen that are not translated:

File -> FTP -> FTP settings

The colunt title  "Accounts" and " - Empty -" in account list.

In Advanced:

http://i35.tinypic.com/29mm6m9.png

The "Generic FTP server", but I think it is not very important.  For the "a" that is cutted in "Modalità FTP passiva" (FTP passive mode), I try with "Modalità passiva" to solve problem.

In Document -> Syntax Type, languages are not tanslated, I think that accesskey are missing for a good reason, unlike I have stated in my previous message), because that string that I have translated are not refered to these menu items.
I think  it is not very important, I could change it in Preferences -> Syntax Type changing the description.

There are also the " - Empty -" strings in Tools and Macros (That I have translated) that are not translated, I don't know the reason, same thing when it appears in Preferences -> Tools -> User Tools or Macros.

In Document -> Document Summary:
http://i35.tinypic.com/2ppwutc.png

The date is in english format (also when I insert date ALT+Shift+D):

Code:
November 11, 2009   03:11:25 PM

For the cutted string, I'lll try to shorten it.

I have received  this error trying to run an user tools that already running:
Code:
Crimson Editor SVN279M
Another process is running.
You need to kill the previous process first.
OK  

I don't find it in cedt_us.rc.

This error message appear when an incorrect command is given to an user tools:

Code:
Crimson Editor SVN279M

When I close a modified document that I have not saved:

Code:
---------------------------
Crimson Editor SVN279M
Save changes to Text2?
Sì   No   Annulla  

Save change is not translated. I have seen that for this other message (I try to overwrite an existing file with Save as...):
Code:
Salva con nome
d:\prova.html esiste già.
Sostituirlo?
Sì   No  

ait is already in italian (also in english version), I think it is a Microsoft native message, maybe, also for  other strings  could be used native Windows message, for example for date/time.

For the moment these are all that I have seen, for some errors message I don't really know how to make it appears.

Now I am fixing some problem with "too long strings", when I have finished I update the file.

Sandro

UPDATE: I have the same behaviour described below with User Tools, Macros and Syntax Type, also with Filter, I am sure that I have translated them (All files, C/C++ files, etc..). I think it is a minor issue because user could rename them in Preferences -> Filters.

I have also noted that string in "Print preview" are missing ("next page", "Prev page", "close", ecc).

Update2:
Help -> About Crimson Edito
text and buttons

The "help Topics" pages, but I know like to find  them
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 01:54:22 pm by gialloporpora » Logged
gialloporpora
Translators
Miner

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2009, 09:33:15 pm »

I have a question about  some strings and how to translate it, because I don't understand what they mean:

In Preferences -> Color -> Miscellanious

Range background colors:

What mean ? I have changed this value to "black" (all range  bkgr in black) to see if I have some changes in my interface, but I don't see nothing :-?, sorry but I don't understand what this mean.

Phil
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2009, 01:17:37 am »

Thanks for the list of untranslated strings.

Ranges are defined by some syntax files. For example, in PHP, there is a range for PHP code which is surrounded by <? and ?>, plus I think there is a range for html tags, which are surrounded by < and >. Here is a php file which will show the range behavior.

Code:
outside a range
<? in range1 ?>
<in range2>
outside a range
gialloporpora
Translators
Miner

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2009, 01:56:54 am »

Ah, ok :-D Now I understand.
I have always used default color, now I remember that when edit PHP and HTML files I have different background colors, first I have tried with Python  and the RC and JS file withouth seeing nothing.
I thought that range were block of code, for example enclosed  inside  {} or other 
Now, I go to bed, today I fix all problems and I post a new RC file
Thanks

gialloporpora
Translators
Miner

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2009, 12:22:26 pm »

I have another question: unfortunatelly, italian keyboard don't have  neither square brackest  nor braces (they have them but you need use modifier like CTRL or ALT-CTRL to type them)  In Search -> Advanced -> Pairs pre position and  Pairs  next position the shortcuts are:
CTRL-]
CTRL-[
I have seen with the MS Keyboard Layout that the working shortcut in italian are:
CTRL-'
CTRL-ì
but they are not logical as in english version. I have also seen that CTRL-SHIFT-8 and CTRL-SHIFT-9 are not used by default, I could assign these shortcuts instead of original?
Shift-8 = (
Shift-9=)
In this mode shortcut becomes:
CTRL-(
CTRL)
that have sense.

I think that I must change this code:
Code:
VK_OEM_4,       ID_SEARCH_PAIRS_BEGIN,  VIRTKEY, CONTROL, NOINVERT
with:
Code:
VK_8,       ID_SEARCH_PAIRS_BEGIN,  VIRTKEY, SHIFT,CONTROL, NOINVERT

or:

Code:
"8",       ID_SEARCH_PAIRS_BEGIN,  VIRTKEY, SHIFT,CONTROL, NOINVERT

(and similar for the 9)

And I translate CTL+( (Instead of CTRL+SHIFT+8).
But  before a change like this I wait your opinion.

The RC file is updated with all last modification that I have made (no the proposed modify above)
I have shortened some strings and added some others strings that I have not translated before "Ln #####, Ch #####" that appear  in status bar and that I interpret linke "Line number and coloun number", the other string that appear in status bar, I think, is bettere if remains in english (READ, OVR, COL, etc..) they have sense for advanced user.
I have replaced the accesskey of the "Cerca" (Search) menu to "e" because ALT-C is busy (Coloun mode) if somebody would to translate cedt remember to not use "C" for main menu accesskey :-)

PS: the link is the same, I append it for  your confort:
http://github.com/gialloporpora/Emerald-Editor-in-italian/raw/master/cedt_it.rc

Edit2:
Now I think the only untranslated strings that I have seen are in  Help .-> About Crimson Editor, and the HTML page of "Help Tpiics" that I don't have translated, if you wish I could translate the heml page next week, but I think is better if it is stored online and there are a locale string to identify it, for example:
http://emeraldeditor.org/it-it/helptopics
http://emeraldeditor.org/en-us/helptopics
I update also my previous post with these info so you have all untranslated string in one message.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 01:47:11 pm by gialloporpora » Logged
gialloporpora
Translators
Miner

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2009, 02:05:30 pm »

Ah, I forgot this thing: this string:
Code:
Use Crimson Editor in Internet Explorer (View Source)

I think that (view source) is the name ot context menu item in IE to view source, is it true ?
I ask this question, because in italian that item is named (HTML) I don't understand if this is a comment or if this is the exact name of the menu item. If it is a comment I would to remove it (I insert it in the whole string but not within parenteses), if it is the menu item name I put it into parenteses like in english.
Tio a better translation I need to collapse Internet Explor in IE, I think is understandable.
Phil
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2009, 07:41:33 pm »

Thanks for keeping all the untranslated stuff in one post.

You can change the keyboard shortcuts to whatever seems sensible in Italian. I wouldn't know what Italians would want. Just keep track of all non-text edits you make. This way if we automate translation with an official tool, I can integrate your changes into the system more easily.

The context menu in IE does say "View Source". It is an exact name.

Phil
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2009, 07:49:09 pm »

If you want to translate the help documents, feel free to do so. They can be found in the CrimsonEditor/trunk/docs folder in SVN. (Checkout the url svn://svn.emeraldeditor.com/CrimsonEditor/trunk/docs with TortoiseSVN or another svn client to get the latest version.)
gialloporpora
Translators
Miner

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2009, 10:03:49 pm »

Ok Phil, now many problems are solved, unfortunatelly some other issue remains :-(

1) In File -> FTP -> FTP Settings:

The "Sottodirectory:" is cutted (":" are missing), it is not very important but it is better if they are showed.
The only other possible translation is "Sottocartella", but "cartella" translate "folder" and I know that on FTP server the correct word is "directory" linke in english.  The other issue in that dialog box is "Save password" ("Salva password") the last "d" is cutted.

If possible, I think is a good idea to enlarge a little the dialog box, I think this can help also other languages in future.

2) Now th "Find" dialog box is perfect :-D, the "Replace"  have some problems instead:

http://i35.tinypic.com/14ijqts.png

if possible - as in Find - reolve the proble with "match all". If is not too work:

"testo selezionato" is cutted, I can translate it with "Selezione" if this is too work, no problem. The "Sostituisci tutte" ("repplace  all) should be a little larger.

3) In Preferences -> Visual remains only a cutted string:

ttp://i36.tinypic.com/w046dt.png
only the last letter "i" in "Evidenzia blocchi fra parentesi" (Highlight matching pairs)
This is already a shorten version  of "Evidenzia corrispondenze fra parentesi", if, linke in Search, a no cost change it will be useful  to made it.

If this is too work, I could translate "Evidenzia blocchi in parentesi" and I resolve.

Highlight matching pairs
Highlight matching pairs

I have no seen other problem (I have looked in particular to Preferences and Find and replace), there are some window that I have never used (Project Window), but I think that these window no have big problem (I check it tomorrow)

For the IE related string, thanks, I translate putting (HTML) into parenteses, I think that I never use that option :-), I prefere set cedt as my default editor for Firefox manually :-D

UPDATE:
Also the dialog "Find in Files" have the issue with "Match case".

« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 10:44:31 pm by gialloporpora » Logged
gialloporpora
Translators
Miner

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2009, 10:34:44 pm »

For "Replace all", I have seen in certain software that buttons could have text on two lines, is it possible ?
I think that thereis space in vertical, if buttons can "word wrap" text  this could help localizzation without modifying width.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: