Emerald Editor Discussion
May 28, 2017, 11:20:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Members without posts  (Read 5208 times)
Phil
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« on: November 13, 2009, 06:36:30 am »

292 out of our 642 forum members have never posted. Any ideas why so many people would create accounts without posting? There are probably a lot of bot accounts in there, but if they spam, I generally delete their account. I'm considering deleting these accounts to free up names, but I don't want to get rid of any legitimate accounts if there is some reason somebody wants one.
Emerald Fox
Global Moderator
Miner

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 11:40:03 pm »

Hi Phil,

Way back in 2006 I had been using Crimson Editor for quite some time and with its apparent lack of development by Ingyu Kang I got really excited by the promise of the development Emerald Editor.

At that time, Emerald Editor, was going to be the natural successor to Crimson Editor, so I offered my services as a Beta Tester for new all singing and all dancing Emerald Editor.

As we know, Ingyu Kang kindly released the source code for Crimson Editor and some of the 'energy' that would have gone into developing Emerald Editor was diverted to updating Crimson Editor. After which everything went quiet and not much seemed to happen to either editor.

I check the forum at least once a week and over the years the numbers of postings have dropped off. So, my guess is that some of the people who signed up to the forum did so because of their interest (like me) with either one or both of the editors.

But as nothing much has seemed to be happening in the way of significant code releases, they probably just drifted away -  I realise that behind the scene some people have working their little socks off on the project.  Wink

Anyway, that's what I think... Smiley

All the best,

Emerald Fox

No signature currently stored in profile.
Phil
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 02:45:07 am »

Thanks for the comment. I think it's interesting that an early user still regularly checks the forums. I'm hoping to have a CE release within 2 months, but I'm not making any promises.
jeff.marsh
Prospector

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 10:19:38 pm »

Hey Phil,

I too am an early user having been on board with Crimson since the early 2000's.   As it is one of my most frequently used applications I too log in every so often to see what is going on.  As the posts have dropped off, my check frequency has too but I still pop in every couple of months or so!

\|/ Jeff \|/

P.S.  Looking forward to a new release but make sure and get outside to enjoy your summer too!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: