I've found Crimson Editor.. or is it Emeral Editor?.. recently. First I have to say is it looks nice, but also I have to say that I'm not sure what I'm using. I've gone to emeral editor page, clicked on "download" link on top of page, and I get redirected to sourceforge, where I get an automatic download of Crimson Editor.
So I guess I have Crimson editor (3.72) but I'm not sure.
Said this, I don't know if I should post on Crimson Editor feature request, or Emeral Editor, I'm completely lost.
I will so post the feature requests here, hoping they may help.
First of all, I must say I'm an Ultraedit user since .. can't remember, probably since the 90's, but lately I'm trying to replace any propietary software with open source one, and so this is why I'm using this Crimson (żEmerald?) editor for one week already. The features I will request are features tha I miss from Ultraedit. I have read in feature request forums some of them already have been requested, I will add myself to those requests.
Well, there I go:
1) SFTP, I saw some ppl already requested it. I just want to point to another open source project: Filezilla client. It is not supporting SFTP straightaway but using something from the "putty" ssh client. If you check Filezilla cliente folder you will find there the executables being called. Maybe you can use that way for the plugin you say it may come.
2) Recent files don't include ftp files. I use to edit from ftp, but then those files don't appear on the recent ones.
3) Code completion. Ultraedit is able to complete words when you click Ctrl-Space, using those keywords on the keyword list, and also those words already identified as variables in the lines above the one you are. I'm very used to this when I edit php files.
4) Hex editor. I saw it has been already requested, I just want to add myself to the requesters.
5) Keep "open from ftp" dialog open. Ultraedit has a checkbox on the "open from ftp" dialgo that says "keep dialog open". That means that you can continue opening files from ftp and from different folders whithout having to go to the menu again, select ftp site, etc.
Maybe all those requests are already in Emerald Editor (that I can't find), or maybe not.