Emerald Editor Discussion
March 28, 2017, 04:44:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Column manipulation and line delete  (Read 5297 times)
andyk_01
Prospector

« on: September 03, 2009, 07:43:57 am »

Building on a previous comment regarding columns:

A feature I have used a lot in another editor uses the right mouse button and mouse movement to select a rectangular column over any number of characters and any number of lines. You can then use cut/delete/paste in the normal way, and the entire column is cut/deleted/pasted etc.

Really useful for tabulated data, the bane of my existence.

Another useful feature: If nothing is selected on a line, pressing the delete key deletes the entire line where the cursor happens to be.
Phil
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 11:45:49 am »

Building on a previous comment regarding columns:

A feature I have used a lot in another editor uses the right mouse button and mouse movement to select a rectangular column over any number of characters and any number of lines. You can then use cut/delete/paste in the normal way, and the entire column is cut/deleted/pasted etc.

Really useful for tabulated data, the bane of my existence.

This is possible in Crimson Editor if you press Alt+C or click the toolbar button to toggle column mode. However, the right-click and drag technique to do it is a new idea to me.

Another useful feature: If nothing is selected on a line, pressing the delete key deletes the entire line where the cursor happens to be.

This sounds like very nonstandard behavior as the delete key generally deletes the character after the cursor. In Crimson Editor, if nothing is selected, pressing Ctrl+X to cut deletes the entire line and puts it on the clipboard.
gvdv
Prospector

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 03:39:54 pm »

When i want to delete the whole line and nothing is selected , and i use ctrl-X only a bell rings, I want desperate delete one line with one key
Ctrl-X (or Ctrl-E as in Ultra edit) whould be fine

thanks answering me

Guy van der velden
gvdv
Prospector

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 03:42:57 pm »

oh, yes I know
1.place the cursor in front of the line and  ctrl-Delete key, but that are two strokes

Guy van der velden
Phil
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 01:07:11 am »

I'm not sure how it works in the latest revision, but if you get version 3.70 from crimsoneditor.com. I know it works for me with Ctrl+X.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: