Emerald Editor Discussion
September 22, 2017, 09:41:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Toolbar graphic resource  (Read 7770 times)
pn8830
Global Moderator
Jeweller

« on: September 01, 2009, 04:40:47 am »

Hello,

I tried to play with graphics and I modified toolbar.bmp to make some buttons look nicer but after I built the project and launched resulting file the whole toolbar was distorted. It looked like the button pictures were too big for the buttons and it looked totally not nice. What I did was just edited the toolbar.bmp with GIMP, I did not resize anything. Does anybody have an idea why it's happening?

Thanks,
PN

Entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity
Phil
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 09:16:28 pm »

I don't know what the problem would be. Unfortunately, I no longer have Visual Studio Professional on my main computer so I have to work on getting everything set up for the Express edition before I will be able to try it for myself, but I'll work on trying to be able to compile CE again so I can try it out.
Phil
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 03:35:35 am »

After trying for a while to install the Platform SDK, I finally was partially successful, but I see it no longer includes ATL or MFC in the SDK. Searching the Internet reveals that MFC development is not supported with Visual C++ Express Edition. Fortunately, I do have a license for VS Professional; so I'm going to transfer it to my main computer so I can compile CE again. I'll be using version 2005.
Phil
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 06:39:39 am »

OK, I got VS 2005 Pro installed and compiled CE. I scribbled on toolbar.bmp with paint and recompiled. When I ran the program, it behaved as I would have expected. The toolbar buttons had my scribbles on them.

Maybe GIMP did something weird to the bitmap. You could try using another image editor and see if it works.
pn8830
Global Moderator
Jeweller

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 02:26:19 pm »

Thanks, what did you use to edit the bitmap?

PN

Entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity
Phil
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 09:05:39 pm »

I used Microsoft paint that comes with Windows.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: