Emerald Editor Discussion
July 22, 2017, 03:38:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the Emerald Editor an active project?  (Read 3875 times)
meelie
Prospector

« on: August 19, 2009, 01:52:55 pm »

I've been looking around the forum and reading up on the site but I'm having a hard time figuring out if the Emerald editor is an active project or if Crimson Editor is really the main focus of the site.  I would like to find a way to contribute if Emerald is active.
pn8830
Global Moderator
Jeweller

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 05:44:37 pm »

Well... Emerald Editor itself cannot be called an active project. As you can see from the source code last commit was done around 2 years ago. Couple of reasons why - Crimson Editor code was released so purpose of rewriting an open source equivalent of Crimson Editor was gone and nobody had a real need/desire to do that for any other platform than Windows. Even Crimson Editor is semi-active because latest changes are either small bug fixes and enhancements or documentation/syntax file updates. Nevertheless I don't want to discourage you in any way and if you want to jump in and do some coding nobody stops you and it will be welcomed Smiley

Cheers,
PN

Entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: