Emerald Editor Discussion
July 20, 2017, 01:38:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: User groups on the forum  (Read 31590 times)
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2006, 09:36:30 pm »

Well, there's a start.

I know there are a few issues, but hopefully only very minor ones.

Initial thoughts, people?

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!"
Nick
Miner

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2006, 12:02:01 am »

The colours are starting to look better!

I've literally just finished installing my local apache/php/mysql servers to install SMF and have a prod around inside...  Smiley
awmyhr
Senior Miner

Maintainer of Obscure and Unused Ports

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2006, 01:59:29 am »

I'm liking the direction you are going with the forum templates.  Also, the attempt to make the forums feel as though they are part of the main site is coming along very well.  I much prefer this to most other sites where a trip to the forums feels like entering an entirely different community.

-->>  This Space 4 Rent  <<--
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2006, 12:22:19 pm »

Well, it did use to be originally like that, but hopefully we can begin to merge the templates a bit soon and be much tighter than it currently is.

Nick
Miner

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2006, 06:33:27 pm »

Right, got my fingers stuck into the SMF templating engine a bit and it's scary! Smiley

I reckon I could manage a re-write of the template to match up with the sketch I did and keep the general color scheme from the existing template, but with a style to match the website proper and hopefully a bit lighter!

What do you all think?
awmyhr
Senior Miner

Maintainer of Obscure and Unused Ports

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2006, 08:58:04 pm »

Honestly, i'm fairly happy with the way the forums look now, but, as always, if it's something you've got time for and something which you enjoy doing, go for it...

-->>  This Space 4 Rent  <<--
daemon
Developers
Gem Cutter

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2006, 11:49:59 pm »

Right, got my fingers stuck into the SMF templating engine a bit and it's scary! Smiley

I reckon I could manage a re-write of the template to match up with the sketch I did and keep the general color scheme from the existing template, but with a style to match the website proper and hopefully a bit lighter!

What do you all think?

I loved your sketch. So, if you have free time and are willing, I think it could look really good.
rageboy
Jeweller

Ankit Singla

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2007, 06:03:00 pm »

So how exactly do we become a beta tester/dev/anything else?
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2007, 08:46:40 pm »

When I get round to changing the groups. At the moment they don't do a whole lot other than be a status thing, but that is changing in some places.

For example, there is a private filestore for storing builds/test files, which is hidden from users other than specific ones.

AlEmerald
Miner

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2007, 06:46:00 am »

hooray im a member and  a miner i feel good Wink

Best Regards Alex Smiley

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2007, 08:20:21 pm »

I'm glad you feel part of the group, however, I should point out that several people have commented to me that they dislike this sort of post on the forum.

Now, everyone has an opinion and - contrary to what some believe - everyone is entitled to voice their opinion. However posts like this are not useful, they are not contributing an opinion or fact to the debate, and this is eating up space and resources and peoples' time better spent on looking at Crimson and Emerald Editors.

I don't want to get confrontational, and in the last year-and-a-bit this forum has existed, this is the first time I've actually received a "report to moderator" notice from any users on this forum and also the first time I've had to actually say something about it.

You're clearly enthusiastic about posting on forums, but please only post if you have something to add to the debate. If I see more posts of this nature, I'm afraid I may have to start deleting them and/or removing your account.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: