Emerald Editor Discussion
August 16, 2017, 04:14:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Core syntaxes  (Read 38561 times)
Sir_Derlin
Prospector

« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2006, 06:01:08 am »

I'd like to point out that CE already supports vastly more languages/syntaxes in the default installer than show up on the list in the menu.  Just browse your CE install folder's "spec" sub-folder to see about 150 of them.  In any case, I'd like to see VHDL pushed to a primary language, and I'm sure Verilog would be a good fit as well, though I don't use it.  Both are in the "spec" folder and automatically work with files using default extensions (.vhd and .v).

Native or import support for CE syntax files (as discussed) is a great idea.
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2006, 06:55:07 pm »

Well, to be honest, I don't know if VHDL is a "major" language, in the same way Perl, PHP, HTML, C++ etc. are, so whether it gets bumped to "primary" status seems a little unlikely given the CE userbase.

However, I have absolutely no problem with including VHDL and Verilog support in a release build, once the system is up and running.

I think, having gone back and thought about it, it will be on an import basis rather than native support per se, and gradually we'll migrate the existing library on crimsoneditor.com over to EE.

The reason I say this is because any format we use will have to be upgraded to handle the specs we're looking at using. However, even writing a console app (Perl script, maybe) to port syntaxes shouldn't be too difficult since the CE format is fairly linear and straightforward.

Thoughts anyone?

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: