Emerald Editor Discussion
August 18, 2017, 05:12:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Emerald theme  (Read 14485 times)
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« on: May 12, 2006, 12:11:02 pm »

Some may have noticed that the default colour theme for the forum has now been altered in line with Nick's new logo for the front page.

It's a bit brighter than the Lithium theme we were using, and it's not 100% perfect yet (some configuration tweaks should be done, e.g. to the fieldset style) but what's the general consensus?

Any thoughts, suggestions, tweaks?

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!"
Emerald Fox
Global Moderator
Miner

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 12:30:54 pm »

I find the new 'Emerald' default colour theme a bit too bright and I need to use my sunglasses :cool:.
Also, I find it makes some of the title text harder to read, so 'Lithium' here I come!

Personally, I would have used the same shade of green that is on the web-site pages.

PS. I can't wait to test the first version of EE. Am I on the list of testers?

No signature currently stored in profile.
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 12:34:48 pm »

Well, I did wonder that. I have taken it directly from the "Emerald" in Nick's logo (see the front page!!!)

The trouble is if I tone it down I don't think it has quite the impact of "emerald" on it. I'll have another play tonight and see what I can do to make it better.

There isn't a master list of testers as such, because the open source nature means anyone can test it and poke it and prod it and see what happens.

Early versions are going to be subject to bugs, crashes and so on just until we get things straightened out - but all testers are welcome.

BlackTea
Miner

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 04:31:23 am »

This site is looking better and better each time I stop by. 

I'll be sure to check out the builds and render assistance when I can.
Matthew1344
Gem Cutter

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 05:30:44 pm »

IMHO, the darkest green in the color scheme (the one where the text currently reads "Emerald Editor Discussion") is still not quite right.  I think it's exactly the darkest color of the gradient in the top banner (which is what I suggested, I think), but I think it should be lightened just a touch.

I'm being EXTREMELY picky here.  The site looks INCREDIBLE.  VERY easy on the eyes.
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 05:36:55 pm »

Well, largely we have Nick to thank for that - I just some of the implementation, while Nick did the actual design work.

Matthew1344
Gem Cutter

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 05:39:50 pm »

One more suggestion... Hyperlink the logo so that clicking on it will take you to the "Home" page (unless you're already there).
Nick
Miner

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 09:57:33 am »

I'm still on the forum redesign case, real world stuff is keeping me away from the pc quite a bit at the mo...

-> Screenshot!
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 12:37:40 pm »

Looking good, Nick, looking really good.

Let me know when you're happy with it and I'll make the necessary arrangements here.

Nick
Miner

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 01:35:24 pm »

I'm trying to just get the basics done at the mo but there are still lots of pages to change before a complete working version!

Watch this space...
Matthew1344
Gem Cutter

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 02:50:08 pm »

The darkest green still seems a little dark to me, but it's beautiful anyway.  You're doing an awesome job with this, Nick.  I don't know if I've ever seen a better looking forum.
Nick
Miner

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 03:01:36 pm »

The bulk of the work for now is getting the HTML framework done, after that's done there'll be plenty of time to haggle over the colours & font sizes etc!  Smiley
(not to mention the size ofthe header...)
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 05:47:46 pm »

Don't forget that the basic header and tabs are stored outside of the forum tree (see SVN/website/incs/*) and that currently, it's a bit hackish, but the forum template includes incs/core.inc and later on calls domenu() with the forum as the parameter so it builds the correct tab.

Of course this can be amended later but I figured it seemed easier to have them all running from the same song sheet from the start...

Nick
Miner

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2006, 09:00:33 pm »

Yup, I'm trying to keep in mind what has been said about turning smf into a CMS, once I'm done with the forum template I'll be having a look at blending all that into one system...
AlEmerald
Miner

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2007, 05:41:42 am »

the page looks great i can't wait until emerald is officially released

Best Regards Alex Smiley

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: