Emerald Editor Discussion
July 20, 2017, 09:40:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A few features  (Read 3826 times)
Navery
Prospector

« on: August 20, 2008, 03:06:53 am »

Hi everyone I am new! Let me tell you I cannot wait for emerald editor to come out! Some features I would like are, code insight or completion, where the editor tells you what it thinks you are trying to type, also snippets or clips or whatever you want to call them, little pieces of code that can be added by a click on the item or a keyword and keystroke, smart wrapping, not sure how to describe this, also something that might be nice after it is complete...is to have tutorials on how one can add language support if their programming language is not supported. Just some ideas I have seen being used in the editors that cost money Smiley! Would love to see them in crimson editor!
rageboy
Jeweller

Ankit Singla

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 09:37:36 am »

I don't know if I'd want that in the core of a text editor. That's more IDE behavior. It's great, and I like the features, but I think that if they were implemented at all, they'd need to be a plugin if at all.

And I'm 90% sure this won't ever make it into Crimson Editor. Maybe into Emerald Editor when/if it gets released.

Full code completion seems like it would be big and probably a little clunky/slow.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: