Emerald Editor Discussion
April 23, 2017, 09:04:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Feature Freeze.  (Read 5985 times)
Pvt_Ryan
Master Jeweller

« on: July 30, 2008, 11:10:13 am »

Ok.. CE has had alot of changes made to it in the last while.

As of the next syntax commit (hopefully rev247). I am considering all features for this release implemented.

For this point it is bug fixes only. As soon as all the bugs labeled major or critical have been resolved we will release 3.72.

Any objections please state them now or hold your peace till the next release.

EDIT: Any coders that use CE, by all means please submit patches to fix the bugs. The more people help me the quicker the next release will be made.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 11:11:52 am by Pvt_Ryan » Logged
hetman
Miner

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 11:28:14 am »

There was one more thing that I urgently wanted to change in the syntax engine; allow multi-character quotation marks (currently the engine restricts it to a single character only). This is a small change but pending this, docstrings are seriously broken in Python.

Other than that, I was in the process of making additions to the syntax engine so that Crimson can distinguish the division symbol / from regular expression delimiters if they're also /. And then also features to do auto-indent on keywords. I guess they'll have to wait for the next release.

But the string quote thing is frustrating me enough I would consider it a bug. Thoughts?
Phil
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 02:23:27 am »

I would just request that if it does get released while I am not around, please do not put my name in the release.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: