Emerald Editor Discussion
July 23, 2017, 01:48:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I compile it?  (Read 9882 times)
paziek
Prospector

« on: April 30, 2008, 11:45:19 pm »

Code:
paziek@Lolita:~/src/EmeraldEditor/build$ make
make: *** No rule to make target `emerald.cpp', needed by `emerald_emerald.o'.  Stop.

So.. what do I need to compile it?
I'm trying again svn checkout EmeraldEditor/trunk
Any other sources? From what I have read here I assume I need wxWidgets - installed that and it had no effect on make.
Any help here? I'm desperate to see EditPlus alternative on Linux, as I cannot live with anything else that this peculiar editor :L
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 08:52:13 am »

Well, Emerald Editor as in our SVN repository is not really suitable for downloading; we were using wxStEdit as a base (which means wxWidgets 2.6 and one of the contrib components is required), but is nothing more than wxStEdit at the moment.

The structure is going to be overhauled at some point and the entire base we have will probably end up being scrapped.

Sorry I can't be more positive about this...

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!"
John Yeung
Senior Miner

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 02:20:01 am »

I'm desperate to see EditPlus alternative on Linux, as I cannot live with anything else that this peculiar editor :L

I am not a Linux user, but it would seem to me the first thing to do is to try EditPlus on Wine.

If you can't get that to work, or you find the performance unsatisfactory, you could try gedit (for GNOME) or KATE (for KDE).  These seem to be among the favorites on Linux.  I have recently tried Geany (multiplatform), and it seems promising.  Depending on what you specifically like about EditPlus, these alternatives could be just as good, or they could be much, much worse. Wink

But the fact that there is a page on the EditPlus wiki devoted to running it on Linux suggests that this is possible.  If you have trouble, try asking the EditPlus community for tips.  There is a support page on the EditPlus main site with links to various resources.

John

paziek
Prospector

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 03:41:41 pm »

I'm running editplus on linux using wine.
But I would prefer something native.

What I like about EditPlus is:
)> Templates (I chose file type from a dropdown menu, and its created using some custom template)
)> Custom syntax highliting => I can define function names, atttributes, tags, and even some custom stuff like "MyFunctions" and then highlingt it in any color I like.
)> Custom autocompletion => I can define what should be done if some predefined (by me) string is typed. For example "$query" would turn into "$query=mysql_query("!^");" where !^ is where cursor will point
)> Tabs
)> HTML toolbar (mostly color picker)
)> Very nice leftbar
)> Auto indent
)> And probably other stuff that I don't notice, but can't live without ;P

Nothing, or almost nothing from this is offered by any other editor that I saw so far. So EditPlus is right now the only choice.. and it works so-so in wine.
razabashir
Prospector

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 03:44:22 pm »

Well, Emerald Editor as in our SVN repository is not really suitable for downloading; we were using wxStEdit as a base (which means wxWidgets 2.6 and one of the contrib components is required), but is nothing more than wxStEdit at the moment.
Our excellent online   ccie workbook   training programs will   smith   lead you to success in the  We also offer latest passguide and  with 100% success guarantee. Our   network+ certification   is rare in IT world.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 04:05:54 pm by razabashir » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: