Emerald Editor Discussion
May 27, 2017, 04:40:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Uppercase T in EE  (Read 8793 times)
slecallo
Prospector

« on: April 22, 2007, 06:24:34 pm »

Hi All,

I have followed EE for a quite while, without really looking into it!  But today I decided I should give more than a look to it - and finally subscribed to the forum.

I have checked out the code from Subversion and compiled the trunk against wxWidgets 2.6.4 on Ubuntu 6.10.  This has not been easy, but I finally managed to have emerald running.

Playing with my brand new EE, I have noticed that "uppercase t" (T) cannot be inserted in the editor.  Does anyone else experience the same issue on the same platform?  Or on any other platform, for that matter?  This seems to be working in Scite, so I guess this is not due to STC...

Regards,
Seb

Seb
jcc
Prospector

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 12:08:26 pm »

hi ---

Actually, it's "shift t" that's broken whether caps lock is on or off.  With caps lock on, t inserts T.

There is an extraneous tab character following &Copy on line 402 of stemenum.cpp (evidence of which appears in the Edit > Line Editing menu)

m->Append(ID_STE_LINE_COPY,    _T("Line &Copy    \tCtrl-Shift-T"), wxT("Copy current line to clipboard"));

On line 402 of stemenum.cpp, change "&Copy[Tab][Space]\t" to "&Copy[Space]\t" .

--- joe
slecallo
Prospector

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 07:36:53 pm »

My oh my, well spotted.  It does solve the problem!  Thanks.

BTW, actually peculiar to choose tabs rather than spaces to indent code...

Seb
rageboy
Jeweller

Ankit Singla

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 05:40:11 pm »

You think so? I much prefer tabs myself.
John Yeung
Senior Miner

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2007, 11:07:57 pm »

BTW, actually peculiar to choose tabs rather than spaces to indent code...

Whether to use tabs or spaces is a bit of a religious war.  There are good, sensible arguments for either; and plenty of users on each side.  Way too many users to call either method "peculiar".

What is peculiar and VERY, VERY BAD is mixing tabs and spaces.  This is absolutely a cardinal sin.

John
rageboy
Jeweller

Ankit Singla

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 05:38:56 am »

agreed.
Pvt_Ryan
Master Jeweller

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2007, 10:54:52 am »

personally I prefer spaces as it means that the code always looks correct under different editors..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: