Emerald Editor Discussion
July 23, 2017, 01:51:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Auto Backup  (Read 4086 times)
mjrpes
Prospector

« on: December 13, 2007, 07:20:14 pm »

Can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet. 

There should be an option to have automatic backups that run at a user customized interval.  The location and name of the backup could likewise be customizable like backup files currently work in crimson editor. 

The backup file would be created when a loaded document goes from an unedited to edited state (green light -> red light).  At the set interval, the contents of the edited document would be saved to the backup file. The backup file would be deleted when either the document is saved or is closed by the user without saving changes. 

If crimson editor is loaded and an automatic backup file exists, the user should be prompted as to what they want to do with the file (restore, preview, delete).

Posting this now because my computer crashed and I lost half an hour of work.  Would have been a nice feature to have right now. 
moosegoose
Prospector

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 07:38:49 pm »

Can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet. 

There should be an option to have automatic backups that run at a user customized interval.  The location and name of the backup could likewise be customizable like backup files currently work in crimson editor. 

The backup file would be created when a loaded document goes from an unedited to edited state (green light -> red light).  At the set interval, the contents of the edited document would be saved to the backup file. The backup file would be deleted when either the document is saved or is closed by the user without saving changes. 

If crimson editor is loaded and an automatic backup file exists, the user should be prompted as to what they want to do with the file (restore, preview, delete).

Posting this now because my computer crashed and I lost half an hour of work.  Would have been a nice feature to have right now. 

Backup does have to be deleted unless there's session-backups then the latest can be left existing.
Editor internal variables might be good for backup filename formatting.
Also option to make backup of file everytime it is saved, would be nice.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: