Emerald Editor Discussion
May 24, 2017, 05:07:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why develop CE?  (Read 18107 times)
Pvt_Ryan
Master Jeweller

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2007, 02:48:31 pm »

Just a thought but another reason to continue the development on CE is that it can be a testbed for features, (like fedora is for RHEL).

Although I think it could come to the point with CE that as of the next release we do a feature freeze, placing it into maintance only so that only bugs are fixed. Then all the CE devs could possibly make a start with EE.
rageboy
Jeweller

Ankit Singla

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2007, 05:18:36 am »

I haven't done much....well recently I haven't done much on anything because of time constraints, but I haven't done anything on EE really mostly just because I code for specific things. If I get a task, I can hammer out a solution within a week. But last time I asked for even a specific part of the project to work on, I was redirected to CE. So I went to CE to wait for EE to get a little further than a design stage. So I guess the coders are waiting for a spec before we can do anything. That's at least how I feel. But we want something to keep us busy, and that's where CE comes in. Though Ryan is right about "new features" not actually being features most of the time.
ce2000
Miner

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2007, 02:45:28 am »

I keep coming back to Crimson Editor. Notepad++ is good, but does somethings buggy, I've tried to explain them on the message board but they wont fix them and I'm not a application developer, so I cant help. PSPad comes close but still isnt quite right, ConTEXT is buggy as hell.

Thus I always end up having CE and 2 or 3 other programs to get the job done.

I dont know what lies behind the code and if CE is so old its not worth upgrading anymore or not, so I guess I'm biased in the fact I just like how it works without knowing how.

pn8830
Global Moderator
Jeweller

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2007, 04:00:07 pm »

... So I guess the coders are waiting for a spec before we can do anything. That's at least how I feel....
Well let me help you to feel better Smiley there are no coders and there will be no spec. Because if there are designers/coders there would be some posts here from them. So you can start digging into EE code as it stands right now. I'm trying to get some wxWidgets/Cpp skills so I might help you in a future Smiley

Thus I always end up having CE and 2 or 3 other programs to get the job done.

Same thing with me. That is the reason to keep CE development alive. The only other program I use is M$ Excel and the reason is - CE does not have sorting feature. So let's keep improving it.

Entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity
Phil
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2008, 05:44:52 am »

Sorry to reply so late.

I personally use Visual Studio as my main editor. I only use CE occasionally, and it is fine for my purposes. I have never really been interested that much in EE to be honest; so I have very little motivation to work on it.

Phil
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: