Emerald Editor Discussion
October 22, 2017, 04:14:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: CE Development Binaries Discussion  (Read 81649 times)
Phil
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« on: June 21, 2007, 10:50:55 pm »

Updated binaries to revision 126.
ce2000
Miner

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 02:27:12 pm »

use vmware player to test in win98 its free

there is a post online on how to do a hack to get a new install setup, i think its on hack-a-day's blog

Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 09:59:15 pm »

I use VMWare myself when I have free time, but it is really really slow on my single-core CPU...

I actually clean-installed it and set that as my snapshot, so any new installation I can test, I just don't seem to have time to do it at the moment.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!"
Pvt_Ryan
Master Jeweller

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 07:36:25 pm »

updated to rev 140

added WINVER=0x0502 to the preprocessor to remove annoying warning messages ( although i have used the newest header files they should hopefully be backward compatible)
Phil
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 07:53:29 pm »

I know it defaults to 0x0502, but should we use another one like 0x0501 (Win XP) or 0x0410 (Win 98)? I know using 0x0410 does not make CE work in Win 98, but maybe we should leave it there or at 0x0501.

Phil
Pvt_Ryan
Master Jeweller

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 07:59:17 pm »

updated at 141 to use 0x0410

--------
FYI useful to note.

Tools -> external tools -> Add

Command: D:\Program Files (x86)\NSIS\makensis.exe
Arguments: E:\CE-EE\CrimsonEditor\trunk\installer\cedt.nsi

--------------

Allows you to create the installer from the IDE.. Smiley
Pvt_Ryan
Master Jeweller

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 08:15:29 pm »

Attached the msi installer for those that prefer it.. (warning my not have all the spec/key files yet)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 10:44:11 pm by Pvt_Ryan » Logged
pn8830
Global Moderator
Jeweller

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 10:24:51 pm »

I think this topic is getting a little bit out of control. It may be a good idea to agree where and how the binaries are going to be put in this topic.

Where:
- Last post.
- First post.

How:
- Add new versions.
- Replace old versions with new version.

If we don't do this there will be different versions all over the place and it will be difficult to find the latest or earliest one. And as I understand this pretty much depends on whom is posting. Since Phil is a moderator he can post anything anywhere. This is obviously not the case for others Smiley.
My suggestion regarding 'where' would be the First Post because in this case it will be easier to reference to it. Just to mention it I posted couple of messages on original CE forum with links to this topic so if somebody want's to test new stuff there is a way to find it.
On 'How' I suggest to Add new versions just because if for example I find something broke in a latest version I would probably download earlier version to see if the same problem exists there. I understand that this may require several people to be assigned as moderators so what do you think?

Thanks,
PN.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 10:40:23 pm by pn8830 » Logged

Entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity
Pvt_Ryan
Master Jeweller

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 10:42:02 pm »

problem is that each post has a MAX total file size of 4Mb. Ill move my attachment to Phils 2nd post since that will help, also we just overwrite the older version with the newer one renaming it accordingly
rageboy
Jeweller

Ankit Singla

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 11:12:38 pm »

Sourceforge page anyone? Granted at this point, it's probably too early to worry about it but since we have the download page here, my idea is: Between releases that make the download page, put nightlies on sf. Erase all of them and start anew each time we hit a release.
Phil
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2007, 02:39:12 am »

For now I think the system works. I post two binaries in the first post. Pvt Ryan can post his msi in the second post. I am a bit suprised that Pvt Ryan can attach to my post, but I don't mind. But it would be difficult to use the forum to hold more than one version of any type because of the file size limits. If we are going to hold more than one version, I don't think increasing limits is a good idea. Sourceforge would probably be the way to go.

One problem with that though. CE does not use an OSI-approved open-source license. I don't know if SourceForge would accept a project without one.

Phil
rageboy
Jeweller

Ankit Singla

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2007, 03:02:56 am »

Really? What's it licensed under?
rageboy
Jeweller

Ankit Singla

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2007, 03:06:36 am »

Oh. Just something Kang drafted up to protect it getting stolen. I think we can safely relicense it with the notice. I'm not sure which we can pick, but as long as we give him credit for everything up to 3.70, we should be good.
Phil
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2007, 03:15:28 am »

You are probably right, but we would have to pick a license that would include Kang's license and make sure that all its points were still enforced. Maybe I should ask about it at OSI's mailing list to see if they have any advice. They would know better than we would.

Phil
Pvt_Ryan
Master Jeweller

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2007, 09:27:43 am »

rev 145

Added preferences -> ftp backup

allows user to set the number of FTP backups to create and also the location of the backup directory to use.

-------------

Note I only gave these a very quick test (to make sure it would compile and run) before committing as i wanted to get them commited before i left for work. I do need it tested to be sure that the max number of backups to be created is honored and that the dir can be changed.

Also backup dir (if user does not specify one) will default to <install dir>/ftp backup

see bug id 12
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: