Emerald Editor Discussion
October 22, 2017, 09:10:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Icons  (Read 6127 times)
ce2000
Miner

« on: May 05, 2006, 05:25:20 pm »

free icons for the application not just the main one but stuff like the little save disk, new file, home, search, copy, paste

this site has a good list
http://www.maxpower.ca/free-icons/2006/03/05/

Nick
Miner

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 08:28:52 pm »

I was thinking about that a bit, and I feel inclined to suggest copying an idea I first saw with XnView (an image browser), ie : allow the use of "iconpacks".

Hmm...  maybe this belongs more to the "feature request" area...
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 12:23:04 pm »

Icon packs are a nice idea, but my concern is that the code support and provision of iconpacks would slow down EE, and would also bloat it up a bit, both in terms of memory usage and space.

It probably does belong more to the feature request, in that respect, at least the "icon packs" suggestion does. But for the moment, let's keep it here. Are icon packs a feature that people will want? I personally don't think so. I don't believe that user interface themeability is going to sell EE to users (conceptually, at least Smiley), at least not in the way that it helped with the Mozilla applications.

I personally believe giving a user a fast, functional, somewhat configurable UI is better than one with less speed, and way more configuration options. You can have too much of a good thing, but that's just me.

As for the icons themselves, what does everyone else think? I like some of the icons there, and there is nothing in the LGPL to stop us using LGPL or CC licensed images. It might be a bit different if we wanted to use GPL images though, so please be aware of that before we start adding them in.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: