Emerald Editor Discussion
September 23, 2017, 05:32:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Internship  (Read 6129 times)
Phil
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« on: July 07, 2007, 02:42:30 am »

I got an internship. Right now I have not yet found a place to stay near the job so I have to commute, but it is about 96 miles one way along the fastest route (about 1 hour and 40 minutes). I also spend at least 9 hours there; so I really don't have much time for CE. I don't plan on abandoning the forums though. Maybe once I get settled down with the new job in a closer apartment or hotel I can put some time into CE.

Phil
rageboy
Jeweller

Ankit Singla

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 03:56:00 am »

Congrats on the internship. That's a really long commute. What are you doing there? At any rate, we still appreciate your input, even if you're not doing anything to help us Wink
Phil
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 07:30:08 pm »

I probably shouldn't go into too much detail, but I'll be working with a content management system and some java reporting tools.

Phil
Phil
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 03:36:48 am »

Hi, I haven't been around much; so I thought I would give an explanation. I have been averaging about 50 hours a week with my job, and when you work with computers that much, often you just don't feel like volunteering your free time to an open source project. I'll try not to abandon the project though, and I expect to come back and help prepare CE for its next release.

Thank you to the active forum members for sticking around and taking care of things so the forum does not get abandoned.

I wrote a website using CMSMS < http://www.cmsmadesimple.org >. It's not public yet though so I shouldn't give you the url. Right now I'm working on a system for processing tax forms for a major US city. It's a cool job. I probably will post to my blog < http://phildeetsblog.blogspot.com > more than I would post here while I am busy in case anyone is curious what I am up to.

Phil
pn8830
Global Moderator
Jeweller

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 05:39:10 pm »

Well, we definitely miss you here, a lot. So good luck with your new adventure and we hope that you'll still be a part of this project.
PN

Entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity
Szandor
Senior Miner

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 12:42:07 pm »

Ahh, CMSMS is a pretty great system, I really like it and use it for several sites.

"Cleverly disguised as an original signature..."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: