Emerald Editor Discussion
October 22, 2017, 09:12:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: A logo!  (Read 40223 times)
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2006, 06:29:36 pm »

mytreo: it's funny because whenever I choose an animal logo for avatars etc, I tend to choose owls!

Zhrakkan: having a slogan would be quite cool - it seems to have helped the campaign with Firefox and Thunderbird ("The broser you can trust", "Rediscover the web", "Take back the web!" and "Reclaim your inbox!" respectively) A few ideas have been suggested on http://forum.emeraldeditor.com/index.php?topic=64

Nick: Removing the text from no. 4 does seem to help, actually, as black on grey/white gradient seems to diminish the impact. Happily it doesn't on the green/white gradient.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 10:52:15 pm by Arantor » Logged

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!"
KjeBja
Senior Miner

« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2006, 06:27:18 am »

I’m a bit hesitant to comment on this, and I must first of all point out that I really like the way this site has evolved, including how the logo and banner melts into it. But, there are som buts, and here goes: To my liking the emerald in the banner is a bit too large; I think the top and bottom of it should not extend that of the banner text. This applies to the bullet icons as well; I would prefer them to be less dominant. Then again, if they were smaller, they might not look very much like emeralds… And why is the ‘e’ in editor not capitalized? (I can remember that somebody else pointed this out earlier on, so I’m obviously not the only one to notice this “discrepancy”.) Everywhere else this word is capitalized, so why not in the banner?

Maybe it’s just me being overly meticulous, but why not make something great perfect? Or have I got it all wrong  Huh
Chromatic Aberration
Prospector

« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2006, 09:37:00 am »

KjeBja:

the emerald in the banner is a bit too large

I think so too.

And why is the ‘e’ in editor not capitalized?

It's not uncommon to do that kind of thing in corporate design manuals...
The logo's design is dictated by esthetical choices (here partially uncapitalized).
But when the brand name is used in plain text, it has to be capitalized for legibility and recognition.

Nothing odd here (imho)!

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
KjeBja
Senior Miner

« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2006, 10:41:31 am »

Chromatic Aberration:

OK, point taken, and accepted.

Btw, I like your picture!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: