Emerald Editor Discussion
March 27, 2017, 05:47:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Notepad2 might come in handy  (Read 3952 times)
rageboy
Jeweller

Ankit Singla

« on: June 12, 2007, 10:50:31 pm »

I was looking at...I don't even remember what, I think it was something about getting CE in the context menu...earlier today, and I came across Notepad2, which happens to be built on SciTE, and does a lot of what we want EE to do (except cross platform and tabs). It might be worth looking into as something of a guide if we want to continue to use Scintilla. I contacted the dev about joining our team, so he knows about us if he wants to put in his $.02, but he said he probably wouldn't have time to work on EE. Just an idea.
trodas
Prospector

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 02:48:38 pm »

WoW! That is a pretty nice Notepad replacement! I renamed it as Notepad, together with it's ini file and placed it in my WinNT/System32 directory and quickly configured so it looks like NotepadEx, but with the more stuff it can do and 1/3 or NotepadEx size - and hopefully no NotepaddEx quirks...!

Thanks  Grin

"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
...just keep folding, just keep folding... Smiley my config
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: