Emerald Editor Discussion
May 24, 2017, 10:41:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Becoming an important person :P  (Read 6037 times)
rageboy
Jeweller

Ankit Singla

« on: May 26, 2007, 06:23:01 pm »

How do I become a decision maker? I keep hearing things about people deciding what platform we're using and things. Is there a separate mailing list/forum/site for this? If so can I be a part of it?
Phil
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 06:48:51 pm »

I don't think there is any higher level of people. I am the leader of the CE team, but I do all my communication in either the forums or private messages. As far as I am concerned, if anyone generally helps out with ideas, patches, documentation or anything, then they are more to have more decision making power. Perhaps we should formalize it a bit more, but right now it is mostly informal. In general, the more you help, the more important you will be considered to be. You might even replace the people on the team page, but always approach it with a humble attitude.

Phil
rageboy
Jeweller

Ankit Singla

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 06:53:08 pm »

lol exciting. I was talking about the decision about using wxWidgets for EE in particular. How/where is that going on? because my impression is wxWidgets isn't exactly happening anymore, but I may be jumping a few steps ahead. Not being able to see the discussions that may or may not be happening is what I was referring to. I think at least planning for EE should be made more formal cuz that project seems like a sitting duck right now.  Undecided
Phil
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 06:56:58 pm »

As far as I know the only discussion about wxWidgets for EE was on the public forums for everyone to view.

Phil
Phil
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 07:00:49 pm »

Also, due to the nature of volunteer projects. Volunteers have to do things to make it not be a sitting duck project.  Cheesy

I don't think that many of us have any experience with designing systems. And any of us who might be able to design system just get busy and/or don't feel like spending much of our free time on the project.

Phil
rageboy
Jeweller

Ankit Singla

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 07:47:43 pm »

heh. good point. That's partly why I want a channel, although I guess a forum kinda covers the bases. For random development discussion like that. No one seemed to see my post about IRC though Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: