Emerald Editor Discussion
July 24, 2017, 03:40:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crimson with support for international code pages  (Read 3887 times)
jszpilewski
Prospector

« on: November 02, 2010, 11:41:52 am »

Hello,

I found that the support for the international code pages (different than the one used as the default for a given version/localisation of Windows) can be added by passing code page parameters to the call of the function MultiByteToWideChar and creating the screen font.

Below is a beta build with a new "Code Page" submenu in the "Document" menu.
Specific code pages can be selected similarly like encodings. Personally I tested Eastern European and Russian (Cyrillic) page codes and they look fine for me on the English Windows but there are some more other languages to test with other version of Windows.

Currently only one code page is supported for all documents open in Crimson (like there is only one screen font but it may be modified if needed). As the underlying text representation is still 8 bit ASCII, only one code page can be used at time. Also to type correctly do not forget to set a compatible keyboard layout. So if you wish to give a try find the modified (beta) version below. If there is any interest maybe this modification could be integrated with the main Crimson code.

* cedtInternationalBeta.zip (572.56 KB - downloaded 348 times.)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 02:01:09 pm by jszpilewski » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: