Emerald Editor Discussion
September 20, 2017, 10:51:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: find/search and replace should list clickable results in a scrollable log window  (Read 2417 times)
jmichae3
Miner

« on: June 07, 2010, 10:23:43 am »

exactly what the title says. if I do a search or a replace of any kind, the results should be logged in a separate resizeable scrollable panel. 

and I want to have the ability to do a "find all" or "find in files" that, like dreamweaver, lists the results in the panel. there are windowed/sectioned result lines with the found/replaced thing highlighted.  by windowed/sectioned I mean you only see a little window into the whole line of text, basically whatever was replaced is centered and everything beyond what fits into the panel is truncated by the display routine.

I want to double-click on one of those result lines and it bring me right to the line in question and to the character position in question.

for each line, it should show or you should be able to pick the following columns:
*line number
*filename
character position
filepath
folder
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: