Emerald Editor Discussion
May 27, 2017, 10:16:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HTML 5 tags support  (Read 4233 times)
jmichae3
Miner

« on: May 03, 2010, 08:13:07 am »

http://jesusnjim.com/common/html5-tags.txt is a link to a document I wrote which lists the HTML 5 tags from the current draft HTML 5 standard.  people are using HTML 5.0 NOW because browsers support it and there is standards support for things like video and audio.  

the file lists the tag if it is a singleton, or if it has an optning and closing tag it lists the open and close tag names, followed by the list of attributes.  for each attribute, a list of valid values is listed.  

there are special rules for boolean attributes: boolean values are values whose names only must be present to indicate that the feature is on.  no other valid method is allowed, for instance selected="true" or checked="true" is invalid, but checked or selected is valid.  the absence of a boolean attribute means it is off.

I use html 5 for my site because it contains things like the nav, article, header, and footer tag so I can keep my navigation separate from the rest of my document and clearly delineate it from article content versus headers and footers boilerplate,
...and I digress.  Grin

HTML 4 is currently supported, at least most of the tags. please support all the tags of 5 and as much of the attributes as possible if attributes are something the editor is capable of.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 08:20:22 am by jmichae3 » Logged
jmichae3
Miner

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 10:35:40 am »

http://jesusnjim.com/z/html.key is my update of the html.key spec file, which in this case contains the HTML 5 tags.  there are some tags in that file that are definitely not HTML by any recent standard I know of (3.x, 4.x, 5.x), and that's going back 10 years.  for instance, the h tag. I know of no such tag in any of the specs.

I also greatly expnded the HTML named entities list.  one of the things HTML has is numbered entities - I hope that is covered by the files (I don't understand all that I am looking at).  a numbered entity looks like ¡
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 10:39:20 am by jmichae3 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: