Emerald Editor Discussion
May 28, 2017, 09:36:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Credits  (Read 4493 times)
Pvt_Ryan
Master Jeweller

« on: March 13, 2007, 03:47:56 pm »

Think i am gonna have to ask this (after watching the google vid..)
I think that this (as the project grows) will become a big issue and we should set out a policy that we stick to now.

But how are we gonna credit ppls work?

I think the svn group have it right that there should be no names in code. I Think a simple credit.h file intergrated into the About dialog seperated into 3 sections:

Active Devs:

Inactive Devs:

Patch Submissions:

Peoples names only go in once and into one of the 3 slots.

eg:

Active Devs:
Phil

Inactive Devs:
Ingyu Kang (Creator)

Patch Submissions:
Pvt_Ryan

then if a patch submitter becomes more active then they get moved to Active Devs if a Dev leaves the project then they get put into inactive devs.

There is only 1 prob with my method and that is how many patches do you need to submit / what do you have to do to become a dev.

Thoughts please..
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 03:52:02 pm by Pvt_Ryan » Logged
Phil
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 03:54:54 pm »

Sounds good. I have very little open source experience; so I don't know how these types of things should be done. It is probably good for us to set up these things though to avoid controversy.

Phil
Phil
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 03:56:23 pm »

In the one open source program I contributed to before, they just gave a change list for each release and put the names of the guys who worked on that change beside the feature. That might be something to consider.

Phil
rageboy
Jeweller

Ankit Singla

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 06:51:16 pm »

Heh. Another Pidgin/gaim thing. Last I remembered they did what Phil mentioned. Personally I don't see an issue with that, because with an open source program, contributors aren't usually looking for credit, they're just trying to make the program nicer.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: