Emerald Editor Discussion
August 16, 2017, 04:11:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Create branch of CE  (Read 7361 times)
Pvt_Ryan
Master Jeweller

« on: March 12, 2007, 08:26:21 pm »

Arantor could you create a branch of CE please that contains the original code of CE modifed for VS2k5. ( i think it was revision 87, just before my update).

I was going to ask for a branch for the code pre vs2k5 redy but i think that may be overkill.

I ask because i think that each release should be branched when it is released as it is good code management.

PS. imho we should just name the branches as their version number so a 3.70 version of CE would go under branches/3.70.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 08:28:18 pm by Pvt_Ryan » Logged
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 08:56:28 pm »

I believe that what Phil added to the site (I think you're right, I think it was r87) was his VS2k5-adapted code. If not, it's probably best for him to post that on the site when he gets a chance; he's looking after the code and is preparing the first release under new management, which will end up being 3.72 (not 3.71, as Ingyu Kang's original code was that anyway).

I think the branches idea is a good one and what the branches tree is usually used for. However, I'm not an experienced SVN user (all the projects I've worked with before have - bizarrely - used their own in-house management system) so I'd rather let Soulfish and Phil decide how they want to play it.

Good comments though - keep them coming.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!"
Phil
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 02:22:12 am »

Good idea, but don't you think it should be a tag instead of a branch? I would think a tag would be better because there should never be any need to modify it.

Phil
Pvt_Ryan
Master Jeweller

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 08:04:32 am »

tbh i dont know.

Which ever you think is right. I just want to seperate out releases so we can look back easily if a bug is introduced.
Phil
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 10:06:34 pm »

Done. I just tagged revision 86 of CrimsonEditor/trunk as original-import.

I can rename it if you don't like the name.

Phil
Pvt_Ryan
Master Jeweller

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 11:17:30 am »

Is rev 86 before or after you modified it for VS 2k5?

if its before you might want to consider adding another tag "base-VS2k5" or something similar.

so we have

original-import = Code as released
base-VS2k5 = Code only modifed to compile under VS2k5
3.72 = Code of release rev for 3.72
Phil
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 06:29:53 pm »

Actually it is the code modified for VS 2k5. I never imported the original CE code.

Phil
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: