Emerald Editor Discussion
August 17, 2017, 12:26:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is everyone from?  (Read 12444 times)
dsvick
Beta Testers
Senior Miner

« on: April 28, 2006, 01:07:27 am »

Let's find out more about each other....

I'm Dave in Cleveland OH
I'm mainly a web developer (mostly classic ASP, but working our way into .NET). I wanted to do more Java programming (even went and got certified) but all my jobs so far have been web (ASP no JSP) so I think I'm stuck. Smiley

I married with 2 kids.

I really enjoy playing Magic: The Gathering.

Dave
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 01:54:25 am »

Well, I'm Pete Spicer, but I guess you knew that anyhow.

I'm into building "stuff", mainly PHP/MySQL, including http://www.thevoicesofmany.com/ (does the layout code look familiar? Smiley) and trying to get back to writing proper programs (haven't written anything in VB for 5 years, only ASP briefly in 2002 and then PHP until now)

My hobbies are programming, computing, computer games, and just plain ol' browsing the 'Net.

I live with my fiancee in Sussex, England and other strange members of my family and enjoy playing old-style games on my PC. "Emulation Rocks!"

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!"
chali
Prospector

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 01:53:52 pm »

Hi, I'm Carlos Sesma from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

I'm, like Peter, mostly into PHP/MySQL stuff, I also did ASP, SQL Server, VB, C and Bash in the past.

I'm 27 years old now. Sorry for my english.
alpha
Developers
Senior Miner

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 06:02:42 pm »

My name is Markus and I'm originally from Germany, but in 2002 I moved to the USA.

I did work on C, C++, Delphi, Java, VB and C#  projects in the last couple of years. Right now I'm not a full time developer, only some little development at work  (if I have time) but most a hobby developer. I also used AutoHotKey, Perl, Python and Ruby.

My wife is from here and my son was born here.

Markus Schulz
BlackTea
Miner

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 07:11:04 pm »

I've a long-time developer in New York City's Wall St finance area.  Used crimson editor all thru my work stints.  
My page here:
http://www.blackteaconsulting.com
pjdemmitt
Prospector

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 05:37:33 am »

I'm Paul Demmitt and I'm from Columbia, MD, USA and I'm not a programmer, just someone who wants a full-featured, fast, smooth text editor and as far as I'm concerned, Crimson Editor has been it. I have tried other text editors over the years, including NotPad, NoteTab, EditPad Pro and several others. I keep coming back to Crimson Editor.

I am following this development with interest, and since I don't program (I'm a graphic artist, which is not an excuse for not programming-I had COBOL in college), I will be happy to beta test, trouble-shoot and supply feedback for what it's worth. And make (I hope) relevant suggestions.

One of the features I like the best about Crimson is it's abilty to open last-used files at the same place they were closed. But maybe I should post on features forum.

Anyway, I appreciate the effort to keep Crimson (Emerald)  Editor alive, and anything I can  contribute, I will.

Paul
Matthew1344
Gem Cutter

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 05:37:25 pm »

My name is Ben Ward.  I live in Lebanon, Tennessee, where I work as a programmer for a restaurant company.  We use a lot of Oracle's PL/SQL, a lot of ProC (Oracle's "C"), and a lot of Unix shell scripting.  About two years ago when I started work here, I introduced our programming staff to CE.  I am quite disappointed that development has ceased, but encouraged that it may now be continuing (er... starting over from scratch) under a new moniker.

Most of my own involvement here has been with PL/SQL, not C, but I'm more than willing to become more familiar with C in order to help here if needed.  I can be reached at MyFirstName@MyLastNameSoft.net.
Nick
Miner

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2006, 08:46:03 pm »

My name is Nick (gasp!) Pearson. I'm living in York (the old one in the UK) at the mo, although I've lived in France most of my life and hope to be getting back there before the end of the year!

I've dabbled with programming, webdesign and graphic design and at 26 yrs old I'm still wondering which one to take on as a "proper career"  :-)
SnakE
Miner

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 01:21:28 pm »

I'm Sergey Gromov.  I live in Moscow, Russia.  About seven years ago I worked for a PC game development company and took part in several C/C++ game titles.  Since then I worked for mobile game market, that is, programmed games for mobile phones.

I'm quite experienced in C in general and Java for mobile.  I know Win32 API quite well.  I also have a good knowledge of C++, but, tending to write everything on my own and being sceptic, have nearly no experience with commonly used libraries such as STL, BOOST/LOKI, MFC, etc.

I'm programming since 1990, and programming professionally for about 10 years.  Now I'm 30 and don't have any doubt about my career.  Wink  Though I also draw/paint for a hobby.
Zhrakkan
Official Mascot!
Beta Testers
Gem Cutter

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 10:43:34 pm »

Houston, Texas!

John Sponheimer is the name.
I am not a programmer at all, just loved CE, hence I am here.

I am a network admin with windows boxes, not a unix guru at all...knowledgable enough to be REALLY dangerous.

News Manager and Unofficial Mascot
Join the Emerald Editor Project - Message Me!
Emerald Editor - "A Jewel of an Editor"
-----by the way, that name is pronounced "Za-Rack-In"
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2006, 11:22:30 pm »

A Unix admin I knew once said: "My users know a little, that makes them a little dangerous. I know a lot... Smiley that makes me a LOT dangerous!"

Although he was smirking, I'm still not sure whether he was joking!!

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!"
Alexander
Prospector

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2006, 04:23:25 pm »

Alexander Alexeev, Yakutsk, Russia.  Not a programmer in the sense of console/windows apps with C, C++, Java but mainly coming from web development background (and CE is the workhorse for that, no surprises here) since Uni days. Most of the work time trying to balance web development, scripting and system administration, IT support. Although these days mostly coding in ASP.NET, C#, JScript, T-SQL, in the past also did some PHP, MySQL.

Studied in Scotland for 6 years (1995-2001) and that's where got to know CE. Been using Jext (now discontinued project) and Notepad.exe prior to that. Beside CE another thing that I brought home from the UK is the love for British comedy. Hooked up on BBC The Office, BBC Extras, BBC Coupling, Channel 4's Black Books and Ali G. Also, now being a fan of LOST TV series. Something to keep brushing up English skills with.
awmyhr
Senior Miner

Maintainer of Obscure and Unused Ports

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2006, 11:37:16 pm »

Andy here, presently from Minneapolis, MN (but that may change soonish).  UNIX administrator by trade, but have decent experience  in web programming and perl scripting (as well as others).  I've dabbled in c/c++/obj-c and am very interested to learn a lot more, as I'm contemplateing a new career in programming.

My prefered desktop is Mac OS X, and I'm preficient in many flavors of UNIX.  I enjoy playing around with "alternative" operating systems, and I also know a bit about Windows, but I try not to tell anyone that.

-->>  This Space 4 Rent  <<--
Elddric
Prospector

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2006, 07:50:42 pm »

Hi yall! I'm Sean and I'm living in Baltimore Maryland. I'm an IT support, Systems Administration, Helpdesk, Datacom and Telecom Technician who deals with System Security in a windows environment.  I've not really programmed much but I have a keen eye for catching bugs.

I'm a technophile and am usually the guy in the group who has the new gadgets.  I enjoy surfing, Musics of all flavors and walks on the bea... erm sorry wrong board!

I'm Ex military and joker. Aint no reason to stress cause all it will get you is a visit to the hospital!!!!. I have ADD/ADHD or what ever they want to call it this week so I tend to do alot all the time or pass out.
Zhrakkan
Official Mascot!
Beta Testers
Gem Cutter

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2006, 07:54:53 pm »

Quote from: Elddric
Hi yall! I'm Sean and I'm living in Baltimore Maryland. I'm an IT support, Systems Administration, Helpdesk, Datacom and Telecom Technician who deals with System Security in a windows environment.  I've not really programmed much but I have a keen eye for catching bugs.

I'm a technophile and am usually the guy in the group who has the new gadgets.  I enjoy surfing, Musics of all flavors and walks on the bea... erm sorry wrong board!

I'm Ex military and joker. Aint no reason to stress cause all it will get you is a visit to the hospital!!!!. I have ADD/ADHD or what ever they want to call it this week so I tend to do alot all the time or pass out.
You kinda sound like me!

News Manager and Unofficial Mascot
Join the Emerald Editor Project - Message Me!
Emerald Editor - "A Jewel of an Editor"
-----by the way, that name is pronounced "Za-Rack-In"
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: