Emerald Editor Discussion
March 31, 2017, 01:34:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Compiling EE  (Read 3493 times)
pn8830
Global Moderator
Jeweller

« on: February 23, 2007, 03:10:55 am »

Hello,

I'm sorry if this question was already answered somewhere else. The FAQ says that "...unless you are experience coder... "... Well I can't call myself an experience coder but being a fan of CE I really would like to see what EE actually is. There is a pretty descent thread about how to compile EE on Linux in cross-platform code forum. The Windows thread does not have similar instructions and unfortunately this is the OS I'm using right now. Is there a chance to get one so at least I can try to compile it?

Thank You,
PN.

Entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 09:26:45 pm »

Well, the EE base as it stands is not very exciting, in fact it is basically another project, wxStEdit, which is a demo fusing wxWidgets (basic toolkit) with Scintilla as an editing component. The only difference is that it has been renamed and displays "Emerald Editor" in the title bar.

It doesn't look CE-ish, and certainly doesn't feel CE-ish but it isn't meant to be. It was only meant to be a valid framework.

I gather Derek Parnell is putting together a fuller structure for how EE is meant to work then we can go build it to that framework, rather than splicing CE-ness into wxStEdit.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: