Emerald Editor Discussion
October 19, 2017, 04:39:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: An imposter?  (Read 4750 times)
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« on: February 01, 2007, 10:03:39 pm »

I've noticed on the CE forums over the last couple of days that someone else has been posting under the name Pete Spicer... in case anyone was wondering, it's not me!

I'm still looking into the configuration file thing to see if I can come up with any ideas.

Did anyone else notice this other person (and better still, does anyone know who)? Obviously if it's their real name (like it is with me!), there's no problem, but if it is someone posting with my name, I'd really like to know about it because it might misconstrue things - people might see "Pete Spicer" being unpleasant or worse and leave the site, never to return. Already this other "Pete Spicer" has been a bit snippy, when it really wasn't called for.

I'm just not used to seeing my name attached to things I haven't done...

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!"
John Yeung
Senior Miner

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 03:10:12 am »

I've noticed these posts, but I am afraid I couldn't tell that it wasn't you.  I mean, yeah, the posts did get the slightest bit snippy, but not unreasonably so for an open forum.  To be perfectly honest, I think the person who originated the thread deserved that level of snippiness.  Arantor, you are a much more patient, understanding, and helpful person than I, but I figured even you must have an off day here and there. Wink

John
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 08:08:24 pm »

Thanks for your support; now I've gone back and read the posts, I guess the snippiness wasn't as bad as it first seemed - it is a bit of shock reading a post that you didn't write but has your name on it and a similar not that dissimilar!

I try and reserve my off-day comments to work, or post later when I feel a bit happier in myself. I still don't get what happened actually, but I guess I don't know about user tools (I don't use them at all, but that's just how I work)

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: