Emerald Editor Discussion
September 23, 2017, 05:31:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Short introduction  (Read 4949 times)
Szandor
Senior Miner

« on: January 24, 2007, 11:51:47 am »

I just realized that I haven't introduced myself yet. Here goes...

I'm 27 and live in Sweden. I began studying to become a teacher in social science, but presently work as a webdesigner at a small webdesign company. I have also studied music, history, religion and geography. I have studied some HTML, CSS and XML as well, but I've learnt most of it outside of university. I am a fond believer in CSS-based layouts and I anticipate the coming of CSS3, however long it may take before it's actually useable.

In my spare time I like to roleplay, write music, watch movies and cuddle with my girlfriend. I also think I have now turned her to the CSS side of the force, away from the dark horrid depths of table based design and all its flaws.

My interest in EE is based on the fact that I want a good text editor in my work and those are kinda hard to find actually. They're either crap or expensive and CE was neither. It did have its shortcomings though, but the auto indentation on the linewrapping kept me. At the moment I'm writing a language for syntax definitions, primarily to be used in EE but it will be free to use for anyone who wants to implement it in their design.

Any questions, [ generic semi-foul term applied to large masses of unknown people in a way meant to be funny and bonding ]?

"Cleverly disguised as an original signature..."
Soulfish
Project Manager
Administrator
Miner

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 07:31:24 pm »

Welcome to the EE community Smiley. Out of interest what sort of music do you listen to/write? And any favourite movies/genres of movies? Smiley

Personally I'm a great fan of movies like Meet Joe Black, and the classics like North by Northwest and Kind Hearts and Coronets

John

John

"A lie can run around the world before the truth has got its boots on"
Szandor
Senior Miner

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 09:29:12 pm »

Welcome to the EE community Smiley. Out of interest what sort of music do you listen to/write? And any favourite movies/genres of movies? Smiley

Personally I'm a great fan of movies like Meet Joe Black, and the classics like North by Northwest and Kind Hearts and Coronets

John

For movies, I like horror, sci-fi, fantasy and weird stuff. I love the works of Jean-Pierre Jeunet and I hate generic romantic comedies.

Musicwise I listen to just about anything that's not RnB, country or otherwise bad. Most popular music is, unfortunately. I listen quite a lot to EBM and heavier kinds of electronic music and metal, such as Tanzwut, Funker Vogt, Deathstars and a gigantic number of other bands. My favourite band is probably Pink Floyd though. "Dark Side of the Moon" can never be listened to too many times... I also listen to a wide selection of political music.

There is a selection of experimental music on my hard drive too, featuring artists such as Iannis Xenakis, Terry Riley, Karlheinz Stockhousen and more.

corelon
Miner

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 10:51:21 am »

Hello from me too,

Although Xenakis is from the same country as I (Greece) I cannot say I can stand and such kind of experimental stuff. I love maths, I love (and play) music, but to my taste and my ears these are two different things.

Which games do play RPGwise?

I am an RPG fan myself.

Cheers,
Nick
Szandor
Senior Miner

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 12:03:09 pm »

I love maths, I love (and play) music, but to my taste and my ears these are two different things.

Not to mine. There are so many things in music that can be defined and explained mathematically. Still, I completely understand you. You're not the first I've met with this opinion and I had it myself when I was younger.

I mostly like to play horror RPG:s, like Kult or Little Fears. I've played a lot of Vampire and I still do on occasion, but I think it looses some of its charm after a while. I haven't played the new Vampire at all.

Mostly we play free-form though. Our own worlds, our own rules and our own adventures. Mostly horror or sci-fi or a combination thereof, but fantasy is also a regular, naturally.

My take on horror is that if I as a game master don't leave my players scarred for life, the session was average at best.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: