Emerald Editor Discussion
July 24, 2017, 03:50:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where did you first hear about Crimson Editor?  (Read 12126 times)
rolandd
Prospector

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2006, 06:38:07 am »

Somewhere around 2003 I think (?) I joined the PhpGedView development team. The admin there was using CE. Since I just had notepad, I tried it and liked it ever since. Since about half a year I started using jEdit because I no longer thought any new CE version is going to come out. Despite being bloated for my use, it has some very nice features.

Looking forward to what EE is going to bring us Cheesy
KjeBja
Senior Miner

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2006, 09:38:18 am »

I think it was the summer of 2002 (could have been 2003), when I was searching for a freeware replacement for TextPad and UltraEdit, and found it at SnapFiles.com. At the same time I downloaded some other freeware editors, as I have from time to time since then. So far I have not found one that surpasses the total functionality of CE, even though there are editors that have some features I would like to see in EE - I will come back to that in the appropriate place in the forum.

I work as a developer, for whichever customer my employer sends me to. If the customer allows me to do so, I always install CE, and use it alongside any development tool the customer might use. Each time I make the installation (or rather before) I have a peek at the CE homepage, hoping that by some miracle Ingyu Kang has surfaced, and that version 3.71 is available. But, alas, no such luck. So that was how I found out about EE, not long after I started my current assignment back in April.

I must say, I am very excited by the thought that there actually will be a replacement for CE, so I have been checking this forum almost every day since then, to find out what progress is being made. Not being a C/C++ developer, I will not be able to join the development team, but I might be able to create some syntax files (I have done so for CE), and even do some translation, when the time comes.

Anyhow, I found this over at the CE forum (http://www.crimsoneditor.com/english/board/CrazyWWWBoard.cgi?db=forum2&mode=read&num=6703&page=1&ftype=6&fval=ce+author+passed&backdepth=1): http://www.cmpr.co.kr/asset/about-people.htm. I notice that it seems like the pages have not been updated since 2004, so maybe this is where he was employed before the job change he mentioned in February 2005.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 06:38:51 am by KjeBja » Logged
thePsychologist
Prospector

Mathematician, psychologist, human.

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2006, 04:43:46 am »

Can't remember how I found it. I needed a text editor for something. It was back around the year 2001 or something like that. I was in high school and taking a programming class. So a friend and I found CE and I've been using it ever since. I kept on using it because it's great for nearly any text editing job I come across. I started using LaTeX and it was good for that. It's more multipurpose than many other editors, and it has a huge number of syntax files. Why, just a week or so ago I starting editing R scripts in it and Crimson Editor already comes with R highlighting (in the spec directory). Also has column mode and works with inverse search on YAP.

Every other editor I've tried lacks something which I need and CE has it. Crimson Editor is truly the best.

“Sensation tell us a thing is. Thinking tell us what it is this thing is. Feeling tells us what this thing is to us.” - Carl Jung
Tomislav
Prospector

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2014, 10:38:49 pm »

I was looking for good open source editor for weeks.
Few days ago i turned on gothic 2 night of raven game, played a bit and went on game forums.
Sadly forums are closed so i downloaded all files in case they delete forums.
I went browsing files and found game engine script syntax file for CE editor, on forum was
note that editor is freeware and open source, (syntax download page  http://www.worldofgothic.com/dl/?go=dlfile&fileid=81 )
I downloaded CE , found that this is what i was looking for, found out for this community and rest is going to happen Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: