Emerald Editor Discussion
March 29, 2017, 11:58:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Never had it, probably never will.  (Read 4340 times)
SilversleevesX
Miner

« on: February 24, 2010, 04:13:07 pm »

(Heck of a Subject: line for a first-ever post to a forum, eh?)

What am I talking about?

URL Decode/Encode. It annoys me that in this one respect, CE is being outdone by Notepad2.

I've done more than my share of Google-ing. I've been to the Yahoo! Group (been a member for at least a year as of this writing). I still haven't found a patch, user tool, macro or other modification or add-on that enables this function in Crimson Editor.

And now, in not too short a time, CE might be yielding to Emerald Editor?

So if there is one (user tool, macro, patch or other add-on), where is it? Who's hiding it? Isn't there enough room on an upload site, SourceForge or even the CE homepage for something like this?

If I had the skills I'd write my own. Happens, that I'm lacking in that area.

BZT

« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 04:15:46 pm by SilversleevesX » Logged
rbon
Miner

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 05:48:29 pm »

Hi,
try RJ TextEd http://www.rj-texted.se/ (if You wish there is a portable version), download it - start it - and go to:
-> Format -> Convert file encodings...
SilversleevesX
Miner

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 09:08:52 pm »

Re RJ TextEd: Tried it, like it well enough; too bad it insists on adding file extensions, or I'd definitely make the switch over to it.

I might, sometime when I'm both bored enough and annoyed enough, let the author know that saving without extensions would be a good option to have, as some of us do write things for operating systems/environments in which file extensions are unnecessary.

Sad We'll probably never see M$ adopt something as brilliant as the "magic number" system, or some other means of peeking inside files to tell what they're made of, and it's just too bad. On the other hand, they seem to have a certain affinity for letting us hide known file extensions in Explorer, if we choose to do so. I usually don't, but since using Windows 7, more than once I've had that option click itself back on after some software installs. (And while I keep reminding myself that my W7 is still just an SP1, it hardly helps).

@rbon - Thanks for the suggestion.

BZT

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: