Emerald Editor Discussion
June 27, 2017, 02:55:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CE modifications  (Read 5473 times)
LarsP
Prospector

« on: January 05, 2007, 12:06:43 pm »

Hi there

Now that the CE source was released, and that it compiled right out of the box with my Visual C++ v6, I couldn't help making a few minor modifications to the source.

As much as I would like to contribute to the crimson team here, I must say that I have no clue how such distributed development teams work. So I just did my own little page where I posted my patches and a compiled binary: http://pontoppidan.info/lars/index.php?proj=CrimsonEditorMod

I consider my patches public domain, so feel free to rip them off, should they be of any use. But they represent only few hours of work and absolutely not rocket science...

Regards,
Lars
Phil
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 07:03:34 pm »

Patches will probably be submitted as svn diffs. The repository will have to get set up with the CE sources on svn.emeraldeditor.com before we can get going with CE development. Once it gets set up, I'll probably write a guide for patch submission. Also, I am not sure how the project leaders feel about giving CE new features as opposed to just fixing current problems. But if people make them, I don't see why we can't use them.

Phil
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 08:55:52 pm »

Well, posting the core source to SVN is easy enough - I didn't want to post the raw CE source as it stood, as I gathered changes had already been made. Just commit the CE as a new branch and it'll be added to the server (if you need SVN write access, let me know and I'll arrange it)

As to changes vs. new features, I don't see that adding new little useful features is a bad thing exactly, as they can be incorporated into EE later. However, adding in a huge mass of new changes does bring in all sorts of problems...

Best people to speak to would be Soulfish and Derek Parnell and see what they think. The best stuff will migrate into EE over time anyhow.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: