Emerald Editor Discussion
July 22, 2017, 03:43:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Filename tabs  (Read 5961 times)
tjo44
Prospector

« on: December 31, 2006, 03:48:03 pm »

Another overly happy CE user reporting!

What I would like to see in EE is this:
- Clicking with your middle mouse-buttom / clicking with your scrollwheel on a filetab closes is. Just like with FF and Opera browser. Fast closing and nobody ever clicks the middle mouse on accident I guess.
- The possibility to make the tab bar multi-line. Even on my 1280x1024 I sometimes fast the situation of too many open tabs. Ofcourse I could close some, but the OPTION to select multiline would be appreciated.

Good luck on this project and I hope it will be atleast as good as CE!
tjo44
Prospector

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 02:07:02 pm »

Not sure whether this is hardcoded in Windows, but if it's not: I would like EE to remember the size of my 'Open file (ctrl-o)' dialog window. I drag it to about 4 times its original proportion each and every day and would love it to remain the size I put it..
tjo44
Prospector

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 03:17:20 pm »

Every day I think up more Cheesy

buttons, which puts <b></b> etc around a selected portion of text. This needs to be turned ON in some settings area so that C/C++ coders won't be bothered by it.

Also, is it possible to add 'custom buttons' to the interface? Say I want a button that prints '<a href="" alt=""></a>' to my current cursor position, would it be possible have to some 'wizard' that could help me build that button? It touches the concept of the current Macro but would make it much more user friendly then 'alt-1' IMHO.
Feldon
Gem Cutter

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 09:51:34 pm »

Many have asked for Firefox style tabs.  Rest-assured that will likely be the implementation, or something similar.

Regarding the special buttons.  I'm pushing for user-customizable toolbars, shortcuts, menu items, etc.  Combined with a scripting tool you should be able to create buttons to perform a series of actions, such as inserting particular text.

All good ideas, keep them coming. Smiley
tjo44
Prospector

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 04:24:40 pm »

ctrl-shift-spacebar shows &nbsp;
tjo44
Prospector

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 07:58:45 pm »

An 'Are you sure?' confirmation on the 'close all tabs' button.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: