Emerald Editor Discussion
July 21, 2017, 03:39:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Lead Architect  (Read 7597 times)
Soulfish
Project Manager
Administrator
Miner

« on: December 25, 2006, 01:50:52 pm »

The Emerald Editor Project is pleased to announce that Derek Parnell has kindly accepted the role of Lead Architect. In this newly created role Derek will be taking charge of the newly formed Design team, tasked with ensuring that Emerald Editor has a clear and suitable design laid out.

Id like to thank Derek for accepting the role, and wish him the best of luck. Look out for more news on the continuing development of Emerald Editor soon!

John

"A lie can run around the world before the truth has got its boots on"
Derek Parnell
Lead Architect
Miner

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 11:02:46 pm »

The Emerald Editor Project is pleased to announce that Derek Parnell has kindly accepted the role of Lead Architect.
Thank you Soulfish. This is a huge challenge and not just because it has to be done right, but it also has to be done in a timely manner, working with a distributed team. There is a lot of expectation for EE as shown by the comments posted in this forum. The CE product is well loved and appreciated, and to continue anything in the same vein and also be differentiated, is bound to upset everyone in some way or another. I trust in the dynamics and good will of the people involved, that in spite of being just human, we will create a thing of wonder and envy.

I look forward to working with the team to produce the best text editor for our needs.

My first task will be to produce some high-level requirements upon which the EE will be tested and judged. A draft of these will be made available before January 6th, 2007 for comment and peer review.

--
Derek Parnell
"Down with Mediocrity!"
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 11:07:47 pm »

Congratulations! Having seen your comments since the earliest days of Emerald Editor, and knowing that you have strong positive views on how EE should be built, I can think of no-one better suited to the challenge.

I'm sure I'll look over the comments on or before 6th January 2007 and see what I think... but I'm sure you know what you're doing.

For what it's worth, before the final structure is announced, I think a true embedded plugin system is pretty much paramount with EE. The more functionality we can optionally add (a la Firefox) will drastically extend the scope of EE to the user. I might even be coaxed into writing a few Smiley

That aside, congratulations again!

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!"
Phil
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 05:35:57 am »

Wow, I didn't expect this.  This is kind of cool.  When I was a brand new self-taught programmer using the Euphoria programming language, Mr. Parnell helped my debug a snake game I make using a library he maintained. It's kind of cool that I might get to work with the guy who helped my out in my early days of programming.

Congratulations

Phil
dgeller777
Prospector

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 07:39:38 pm »

crimson editor was open sourced today:

http://www.crimsoneditor.com/download/cedtdev.zip

Lets get to work!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: