Emerald Editor Discussion
July 21, 2017, 03:44:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Future  (Read 4437 times)
Soulfish
Project Manager
Administrator
Miner

« on: December 25, 2006, 01:46:07 pm »

As Iíve previously promised, Iím going to set out what I see the future of the project being, and where I feel we should go/what we should do to get there.

Firstly Iím going to be creating a design team to take care of the design aspects of the project. Their full scope and the description of the team will be nailed down at a later date, but you can think of them as the team responsible for the paper designs, requirements specifications etc Ė anything that is done before being passed onto the programming team to be implemented.
Iíd also like to announce that Derek Parnell has kindly agreed to take on the role of leading the design team as lead architect. Derek has a lot of experience in the IT industry and a huge body of knowledge of designing & developing software.

Obviously a lot has been talked about on the forums with regards to certain design decisions, and it wonít be forgotten. Weíll be aiming to use the previous forum discussions as a starting point, and hopefully in the next few weeks open up some more threads for some fresh debate and discussion of how you would all like Emerald Editor to work.

During this design phase for Emerald Editor it may seem to those budding programmers out there that you have nothing to do. Well this is far from the truth! Key features will need to be prototyped and tested, and this is the sort of thing that weíll be looking to be doing in parallel to the design of Emerald Editor, after all a good or bad prototype may feed back into the design and requirements.

Now is the time that we need any designers, programmers or people that just want to help in anyway possible to step forward. Iím looking to start the new year with a good team of people and to kick-start the Emerald Editor development again.

Iíve only laid out very rough plans for the next few months, and Iíll be writing up some more detailed milestones that Iím hoping for us to achieve, but look out for the discussion threads that Iíve talked about and feel free to post or PM/Email me if you have any questions, suggestions or just want to volunteer/know more!

I hope youíre all having a good Christmas,

John

John

"A lie can run around the world before the truth has got its boots on"
alpha
Developers
Senior Miner

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 03:37:04 pm »

I just want y'all to know that I'm still here and as soon as we start I will be able to devote a couple of hours every week for coding. I'm sorry that I didn't had more time last year for EE... however with the CE source code we have a lot of time to do a good design for EE.

I'm just waiting for a task now, please let me know how I can help.

Markus Schulz
Phil
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 02:11:09 am »

You can always help with CE development while we wait for EE development to take off.

Phil
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: