Emerald Editor Discussion
July 24, 2017, 03:50:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey  (Read 13708 times)
thePsychologist
Prospector

Mathematician, psychologist, human.

Hey
« on: December 18, 2006, 11:04:09 pm »

To introduce - I'm a student of mathematics and psychology at the University of Ottawa, and I'd like to say that this project is a great idea. I'm planning on moving to Linux later and I'm checking out a bunch of text editors to use (Vim, Emacs, gedit...) but so far there's always something I've disliked in each of the other editors. Truth be told, Kang made the best text editor I've ever used, and I've tried over twenty of them. Easy to use and very powerful. The tools/macro menu and the ease of configuration are awesome. Not to mention column mode...what would I do without column mode.

So I'd just like to say hi and I'll be hanging around for a while, seeing how things are going.

“Sensation tell us a thing is. Thinking tell us what it is this thing is. Feeling tells us what this thing is to us.” - Carl Jung
Kamots
Miner

Perpetual Student

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 06:55:15 am »

A fellow Canadian! Welcome to the community. You have an interesting choice of double-majors, I think I've only ever seen it done once before and it was by a girl up at Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario. Crazy stuff... what are you hoping for after you graduate? Graduate school? What about after that?
rbon
Miner

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 07:54:49 am »

Hi,
If You are waiting for an text editor with column mode for Linux please look Geany http://www.geany.org/ .
rbon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: