Emerald Editor Discussion
July 20, 2017, 09:42:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: To the key developer  (Read 3752 times)
simpleid
Prospector

« on: December 15, 2006, 06:03:12 pm »

What do you need? Graphics? Code?

Someone give me a list of needs, and only needs that can be worked on so I can begin coming up with code/ui/visual design elements, etc. I'm anxious to actually do something this weekend, if there's no direction on how to proceed then what's in the way so we can sort it out and get something built? I've been reading around and I see almost all the discussions lead off in to wondering and ideas, but nothing really concrete as far as I can tell.

I've also gathered someone has already begun programming and I saw compile instructions but I have not tried to compile to actually see where the project is, I'll be using Dev-C++ as well just fyi.

If there's nothing I can do to help this weekend I'm going to work on getting this audio app interfaced with FLTK (pretty neat). But I'd rather do something first to help out here.

Even if you just want conceptual work to see how things could be, I wouldn't mind.

I've already begun coding an application to do syntax highlighting just to do it, I'm not sure if this has already been done or not so let me know. I've also begun planning out ideas for programming other features and I started looking in to application icons and have thought about approaches to design modern icons for the toolbar, but nothing I can show yet, it's tedious work designing something so small but making it look oh so good. Smiley

Not sure if any of this is useful to anyone working currently on the application? Which is why I want someone actually building this to tell me if I should stop and tell me where to focus more.

Looking forward to hearing from someone!

Thanks
Soulfish
Project Manager
Administrator
Miner

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 10:26:59 pm »

There's been a lot of discussion about various features and what people want EE to do, but we don't yet have a firm design spec laid out. That's one of the things that I plan to sort out in the next few weeks by creating a design team with the responsibility for the EE design.

Because of all this we're putting a small hold on doing any further programming etc so that we can use the eventual design as a firm base upon which to build. However if you want to put together some mock ups of example UI's and icon sets feel free. I'm sure they'll add to the discussion Smiley

John

John

"A lie can run around the world before the truth has got its boots on"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: