Emerald Editor Discussion
March 31, 2017, 01:34:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I would also like to lay a helping hand  (Read 6140 times)
corelon
Miner

« on: December 14, 2006, 11:00:53 am »

Hello from me too.

I have been lurking in these forums almost since the beginning. I am a developer myself and a (civil) engineer.
I would like to contribute to the design team (mainly in terms of brainstorming as I am quite obsessed with editor, and also in terms of analysis). I have to admit that my time is not much, but I am willing to offer as much as I can.

Regards,

Nick
Soulfish
Project Manager
Administrator
Miner

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 09:29:15 pm »

Hi Nick and welcome to the Emerald Editor community!

We're always on the lookout for people that are willing to contribute to any area of EE's development and I'm sure what time you can offer will be greatly appreciated. Look out for an announcement that I'm going to be making regarding the design team in the next day or two.

Thanks,

John

John

"A lie can run around the world before the truth has got its boots on"
KJ
Prospector

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 11:03:43 am »

Me three!

The only thing I've missed about Windows is the ability to run Crimson Editor. I haven't found anything that's even remotely close. I just stumbled upon your project, and I am elated to find that such a thing exists! As it happens, I've been looking for an open source project to join, but I hadn't really stumbled across any that really lit my fire until this instant.

Most of my programming work has been in PHP (what can I say, I got my start in web pages), but lately I've been finding myself wanting something that'll run on the command line. My Computer Science coursework used C++ (I was in the major for three years - ultimately dropped out), but I haven't used it much outside the classroom or in the last year. I took classes in Java, Visual Basic, and tinkered enough to feel a basic literacy with Javascript, Python and Ruby. I just decided to learn Perl a couple days ago, so with any luck I'll be getting better with that.

I didn't see anything in my brief glance about what language you plan to write it in, or what platforms it will work on, but as a Debian-lover, I certainly hope it'll run on Linux. I don't have a job right now, so I'm totally able and willing to pick up anything I don't know. I'm really excited about this, and I would love to contribute in any way I can.
Soulfish
Project Manager
Administrator
Miner

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 11:12:30 am »

Welcome to the EE community! Smiley

The aim is to have an open source multi-platform (Windows, Linux, OSX, Unix etc) text-editor Smiley. Currently EE is being developed using C++ and the wxWidgets cross-platform GUI library, but we've currently suspended development while we put together a design team and get a good design base.

I'm hoping to have some time in the next day to layout where I see the project heading, and what I feel our aims should be, along with some announcements so don't stray too far!

John

John

"A lie can run around the world before the truth has got its boots on"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: