Emerald Editor Discussion
April 24, 2017, 10:19:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Project Manager  (Read 11315 times)
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« on: December 13, 2006, 10:51:13 am »

Hello,
The Emerald Editor project is proud to announce a change of leadership, from Arantor to Soulfish.

Soulfish has only been with Emerald Editor a short time but already has demonstrated the potential to take this project to where we want to go. From my own point of view, this can only be a good thing, because he has a better developed sense of scale than me when it comes to large development.

I would like you all to join me in congratulating Soulfish on taking the helm - I'm sure with his leadership and guidance, Emerald Editor can be the next generation of editor that we all hope and want it to be.

That doesn't mean, though, that you're getting rid of me entirely (you're not that lucky Wink) as I'll still be around for site maintenance, and of course throwing my opinion into the melting pot, which as we've already seen I can do a lot of!

Regards,
Peter Spicer, variously known as Pete but more preferably Arantor

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!"
Matthew1344
Gem Cutter

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 03:40:43 pm »

Thanks, Aranator, for all your work.  You've done a great job of setting the stage.

Soulfish, thanks for being willing to take over.

I'm looking forward to the first release!

KjeBja
Senior Miner

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 08:07:17 am »

Congratulations, Soulfish!

I would also like to thank you, Arantor, for starting this project, and for all the work you have done. Without your initiative, there probably wouldn't have been a project at all, so we have every reason to be grateful to you.

Three cheers for Soulfish and Arantor!  Grin
Soulfish
Project Manager
Administrator
Miner

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 09:26:06 pm »

Thank you all once again. I'm looking forward to the challenge of getting the project up and running, and bringing about our first release. I'm hoping to be able to make some announcements in the next week regarding my vision for the project, where I see it heading and how I hope to steer it.

I'd also like to say thank you to Aranator for founding the project all the hard work that hes put in.

John

John

"A lie can run around the world before the truth has got its boots on"
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 11:29:04 pm »

Thank you all for the kind comments.

I just really wanted to do something to prevent the CE legacy from being lost - and now it's beginning to happen.

This isn't goodbye from me - it's not even au revoir; this is really just the beginning... I'm always going to be around to keep the server ticking over, and throw in a few ideas - I also still have a few things I want/need to do pretty soon though...

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!"
hngharti
Prospector

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 11:43:39 am »

Congratulations and best wishes!
I am so eager to use Emerald editor.

Sincerely,
HNG
antonsash
Prospector

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 07:02:20 am »

Hello!

I want to be an programmer of Emerald Editor.
Can i be in your team?
(and i'm from Russia, sorry for bad english)

Anton (antonsash@ya.ru)
CE2001
Miner

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 01:09:56 pm »

Good Luck Anton!

LOL Grin

...but I think you'll find that Emerald Editor is now deader than Crimson Editor, we've all been waiting for years now... Cry

Let's agree to respect each other's views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

BB Online UK Ltd
pn8830
Global Moderator
Jeweller

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 02:17:01 pm »

2 Anton - Привет! Russian не проблема Smiley Of course you can. Though as other poster mentioned there have been not too many changes to the code lately Smiley. Basically there are two projects - Crimson Editor and Emerald Editor. Emerald Editor was meant as open source multi-platform replacement of Crimson Editor (Crimson sources were not available in the beginning). After Crimson Editor sources were released to community motivation for Emerald Editor development was pretty much lost and people started working on Crimson. You can checkout the code from the repo if you want to hack into it. Feel free to send me a message and I'll get you more details if you want.

PN.

Entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: