Emerald Editor Discussion
April 27, 2017, 06:06:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nominations for Project Manager  (Read 6625 times)
Feldon
Gem Cutter

« on: November 22, 2006, 04:20:13 pm »

Arantor has chosen to step-down as Project Manager.  He will, however, continue as the Emerald Editor project founder (a very prestigious post), web hoster, and some programming.  I would say, although this is open to debate, that for the time-being Arantor should have veto power over the new Project Manager.  That is, Arantor should have the ultimate say in the direction of the project.

That being said, we need a new project manager.  The role of the project manager is as follows:
The Project Manager has overall responsibility for a project’s successful implementation. The Project Manager defines, plans, schedules, and controls the project. The project plan must include tasks, deliverables and resources – the people who will perform the tasks. The manager will monitor and coordinate the activities of the team, and will review their deliverables.  In general, the project manager is responsible for the day-to-day work of the Emerald Editor project.

With that, I'd like to open the nominations.  I'd propose that nominations remain open until Sunday, December 3rd to allow time for people to notice this posting.  (Perhaps this should be moved to the Front Page News section?)  Once nominations close we can hold a vote on the nominees.
Feldon
Gem Cutter

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 04:20:26 pm »

I nominate SoulFish.
CE2001
Miner

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 10:42:36 am »

I second Soulfish!   Cool

Let's agree to respect each other's views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

BB Online UK Ltd
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 10:08:13 am »

Thirded! (Is that even a word?)

I think this will actually work out better, to be honest. Though I'm not disappearing entirely, I'll still be around, handling the server/website, SVN etc. plus providing feedback and testing and maybe trying to write some of the documentation - and when the plugin system is built, I'm sure I'll write plenty.

But with all the changes in my life at the moment, I haven't (and won't) be able to give this project the attention it needs at this critical juncture.

I would like to thank Soulfish for his volunteering and thoroughly welcome and congratulate him!

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!"
Soulfish
Project Manager
Administrator
Miner

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 11:44:00 pm »

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the nominations Smiley. If anyone else feels that they'd like to be considered for the Project Manager position then do say so - I'd much rather that people with the relevant skills put themselves forward and gave the community the chance to choose who they feel would be best suited to led the development of EE.

John

"A lie can run around the world before the truth has got its boots on"
Feldon
Gem Cutter

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 10:39:55 pm »

It would appear that as the only nominee, SoulFish is acclaimed project manager.  Congratulations and good luck.  Cheesy
Soulfish
Project Manager
Administrator
Miner

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 10:50:20 pm »

Thanks for that Feldon Smiley. I'd just like to say thank you again to the people that nominated me, and hopefully in the next few weeks I'll put out some more information on where I see the project going.

John

John

"A lie can run around the world before the truth has got its boots on"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: