Emerald Editor Discussion
May 27, 2017, 08:29:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is it with you CE2001?  (Read 4875 times)
KjeBja
Senior Miner

« on: November 16, 2006, 06:59:28 am »

We all know that there is still a lot of activity on the Crimson Editor site, we do not need you tell us that, and definitely not repeatedly.

This project was started because some people wanted to continue where Ingyu Kang left off. CE is a great editor, with lots and lots of features. If EE is going to be a replacement for CE, there is no point in making a version, that include only some of the features in CE, available to the public. Admittedly, there has been very little activity on this site for quite some time now; let's just hope that the developers are using their spare time coding instead of commenting on posts like yours. If that type of comment is all you have to offer, stop bothering us, and stay away from this forum.
CE2001
Miner

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 10:32:35 am »

Well you said it 'KjeBja': "Admittedly, there has been very little activity on this site for quite some time now..."

...and if my comment gets the ball rolling again, then my posts have succeeded in doing good, 'cos we badly need the CE replacement that EE promised to be!

PS. Chill 'KjeBja' Wink

Let's agree to respect each other's views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

BB Online UK Ltd
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 10:00:45 pm »

Hey! It has been quiet on here for some time - I know it has been pointed out more than once.

In-fighting isn't going to help anyone, least of all us since as we know things haven't been happening the way we'd like. It's partly my fault for not being a programmer in C/C++ and am still trying to learn enough to be useful in contributing.

As I've said elsewhere, I probably wasn't the best person for the job in respect of managing this project, and if anyone is interested in taking over, please let me know... I'll be around as site admin etc. but I think it's time I stood aside and let someone with the experience to successfully manage this project to actually do so.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!"
dgeller777
Prospector

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 08:08:49 pm »

I wouldn't think you would need to be a programmer to manage the project.  I think part of the problem is the overhead just to see where the project is at.  It seems you have a very good foundation for a successful project.  The first thing I would like to know is where is the project currently, who is working on what, and what needs to be done.  Secondly, more documentation on how to contribute to development would be nice, as would some instructions for building the project in different environments.
KjeBja
Senior Miner

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 07:49:48 am »

I've been on a holiday (where there is summer all year round), so I haven't been able to comment on this before. I really don't want to fight with anyone, I was just fed up seeing the same comment over and over; one - here in General discussion - would have been enough.

It was never my intention to indicate that you're not fit to be the project manager, Arantor; in fact, I think you've done a great job so far.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: