Emerald Editor Discussion
May 24, 2017, 10:41:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chomp  (Read 4030 times)
Matthew1344
Gem Cutter

« on: November 01, 2006, 05:32:52 pm »

Have we bitten off more than we can chew here?  Huh

Has everyone given up and gone back to Notepad?  Say it ain't so!

I hope not to offend anyone. I just really don't want to see this end before it has even begun.

Derek Parnell
Lead Architect
Miner

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 12:43:23 am »

Have we bitten off more than we can chew here?  Huh

Has everyone given up and gone back to Notepad?  Say it ain't so!

I hope not to offend anyone. I just really don't want to see this end before it has even begun.

I'm still using CE. I haven't given up but I can't contribute to this project because my skills don't match those that are required (it seems). I refuse to code in C++ and all the 'design' and 'architecture' stuff is being bypassed or done on the fly.

I'll probably go back to my own rewrite of CE if things don't pick up in a couple of months.

--
Derek Parnell
"Down with Mediocrity!"
Soulfish
Project Manager
Administrator
Miner

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 10:12:18 am »

I'm certainly hoping to get the project back off the ground, and I agree with what Derek said - we need to ensure that the design components aren't overlooked just so we can get a working version. I've seen too many projects fail (plenty that were smaller then this) because they didn't have a good design process behind them.

I'm currently trying to get in touch with some of the key people, and hope that some day soon we can see what everyone is able to bring to the table to get EE up and running as a project Smiley

John

"A lie can run around the world before the truth has got its boots on"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: