Emerald Editor Discussion
October 21, 2017, 11:15:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Subversion or CVS as version control system for EE? Or something else?  (Read 8134 times)
alpha
Developers
Senior Miner

« on: April 27, 2006, 07:26:32 pm »

I use Subversion since a long time, I have never used CVS on one of my own Servers. I can help with subversion server setup, but it is so easy that this help is probably not needed.
TortoiseSVN is a must have for any Windows system, it integrates Subversion into MS explorer.
http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/
Dalai-Lama
Miner

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 07:33:14 pm »

i agree with you, i use SVN too, and as far as i can see, he have same features as CVS + some others ^^
And tortoiseSVN is really a good software to use svn.
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 11:04:01 pm »

I'm all for SVN myself, but TortoiseSVN won't work on my system Sad as I still use Win98!! (Even on my Sempron 2200+/512MB RAM)

I'm planning to get the server set up in the next few days, and hopefully have a web-based browsing solution shortly after that... even though the initial repository will be somewhat empty...

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!"
fimion
Prospector

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 06:47:48 am »

I'm for SVN. I will gladly donate time to this project, because i really like CE and i am saddened by it's authors dissapearance.

EDIT: also, as for a web interface, I say use Trac if you use SVN because it's a wiki, bug tracking, and source browser, all in one.
DigitalAlchemist
Prospector

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 07:16:58 am »

I have had experience with subversion from my software engineering class and I haven't had any problems with it. However I was using the subversion plugin Subclipse on the Eclipse IDE. Not to mention that I have the C/C++ plugin as well.  I was wondering if the subclipse route would cause problems with the repository or any other subversion software like TortoiseSVN?  Or, would I be better off with using a text editor and TortoiseSVN?
awmyhr
Senior Miner

Maintainer of Obscure and Unused Ports

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 08:15:00 pm »

SVN is likely the best solution for the job, though I am partial to darcs myself (http://www.darcs.net)

-->>  This Space 4 Rent  <<--
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 08:37:51 pm »

Well, if you have a look at http://svn.emeraldeditor.com/ you can find the current (limited) source tree, and browse it via ViewVC.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: