Emerald Editor Discussion
March 31, 2017, 01:34:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: News about Ingyu-Kang  (Read 6476 times)
Matthew1344
Gem Cutter

« on: September 28, 2006, 11:37:24 pm »

I just read the below on www.CrimsonEditor.com in a message titled "News about Ingyu-Kang":

Dear CE lovers,

I'm a CEO of CMPR(www.cmpr.co.kr), a consulting firm Ingyu co-founded together. Since I received a couple of emails concerning about Ingyu, I post a message here.

In a nutshell, He is quite O.K.
He has no health problem or anything bad.
He is just, as long as I know, too busy to keep this site
and CE up to date.
He is working hard to support his family (not for CMPR any more
but for another company).
I, as a CE user, also wish he would work on CE continuously but
I'm not sure about it.

Hope this message is helpful to you CE lovers.

Chulwoo
(The frame url for the message is http://www.crimsoneditor.com/english/board/CrazyWWWBoard.cgi?db=forum2&mode=read&num=6953&page=1&ftype=6&fval=&backdepth=1 )

I found "Ingyu Kang" on the website of CMPR a while back, so I know he did work there.  It still seems strange that Ingyu didn't just drop the note on his website himself. 

Will the drama never end?
KjeBja
Senior Miner

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 06:25:27 am »

I was getting my hopes up for a little while, but I have to agree with you Matthew – it does seem a little strange that Mr. Kang doesn’t drop a note himself on his own site. I would have thought that he could have found time for this little task, even if he doesn’t have the time to upgrade CE. Nevertheless, it would be great if the first we heard from him after all this time, was that release 3.71 was finally out!
Zhrakkan
Official Mascot!
Beta Testers
Gem Cutter

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 05:21:13 pm »

dear lord...if I maintained a piece of software like that.
I would at least let you all know I no longer am maintaining it...

News Manager and Unofficial Mascot
Join the Emerald Editor Project - Message Me!
Emerald Editor - "A Jewel of an Editor"
-----by the way, that name is pronounced "Za-Rack-In"
Matthew1344
Gem Cutter

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 07:33:37 pm »

That's why it's just a little bit hard for me to believe.  Of course, there's no way to verify that posts made on the CE website came from who they say they came from.  The whole thing is just weird.
Kamots
Miner

Perpetual Student

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 06:33:35 am »

Something just doesn't seem right about Ingyu Kang not posting on the Crimson Editor homepage himself. Even the fact that his university (I'm assuming) still hosts his files. There must be something we're missing here... what if he moved? What if he did die? But then who would be paying for hosting? Who would pay for the renewal of the domain name? I'm sure if he were still around he'd be amazed at the amount of hits still come to his website, even 2 years after he wrote anything. He wouldn't just turn his back on something that meant so much to so many people.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: